Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 03-25-2019, 05:37 PM

Default Looking for a Pro Tools M-Powered Essential 8 installer for Mac

I need help locating the installer for Pro Tools M-Powered Essential 8 (8.0.2) for MacOS X. I wish I could use either of my DVDs, but both of them are corrupt and cannot be read by any computer (I've tried over 40 to date, they are corrupt and totally unreadable). I just bought a MacBook for use in my studio while my iMac has been loaned out to my brother as his is not working quite right. So, I would like to install M-Powered Essential on that MacBook, but cannot without the software to do so.

I'm very good at researching issues and discovering solutions to problems, but unfortunately I cannot find one for this one. So, that is why I joined this forum. I've also read all the sticky posts and a majority of applicable threads and could not find a solution.

My MacBook's specific details:
MacOS X 10.7.5 "Lion" (which I've determined to be compatible with the 8.0.3 update)
Intel Core2Duo 2.4 GHz
250 GB HD
4 GB DDR2 SDRAM

Will be used with:
FastTrack USB
KeyStudio 49

So, if anyone knows where I can download the Intel specific MacOS X version of M-Powered Essential 8.0.2, I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you,

- EN
Old 01-17-2020, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Looking for a Pro Tools M-Powered Essential 8 installer for Mac

After years of trying to find a copy, I managed to find a iso of the Windows version that still had the Mac version attached. After burning it to a dual layer DVD, I finally got the 8.0.3 version installed on my MacBook. Just an update, so thread closed?
Old 07-09-2022, 02:37 PM

I found a complete package on ebay with a fast track and the dvd. I made a copy to have on hand
Old 04-09-2023, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale-c View Post
I found a complete package on ebay with a fast track and the dvd. I made a copy to have on hand

Hey do you still have a copy? i really need one. I found my old Producer USB but can't for the life of me find the dvd, i think it got thrown out years ago. Want to set it up on a old laptop for my friend to cut his teeth on haha.