Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 10-27-2019, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools + ASIO4ALL = Lag so bad I can't record

Hello Everyone,

I haven't had time to try all your suggestions. However, I quickly threw together a video of what happens so hopefully its clear what the issue is.

Additionally, I have had no actually train in protools and I'm all self-taught so If you see anything that looks assinine let me know so I can stop doing it

https://youtu.be/6yrPzy7nXKo
Old 02-26-2023, 01:05 PM

Hey I've been having this problem as well. My windows surface studio laptop has Quad-core 11th Gen Intel® Core™ H35 i5-11300H Processor Quad-core 11th Gen Intel® Core™ H35 i7-11370H Processor, 16GB LPDDR4x RAM and i have been using it for a very long time with no issues. Pro tools has been running like a beast and I was so happy until I downloaded ASIO4ALL.... this problem happened to me a few times actually. Similar thing happened when I had my older surface book laptop and I downloaded ASIO4ALL and it started getting REALLLYYYY slow, to the point where I can't mix/record, and i just thought it was my outdated laptop at the time so I was really happy when i got my new laptop, it was running super well until i downloaded ASIO4ALL and then it got super slow. I even uninstalled it from my computer and protools still was never the same, so I was actually able to restore my computer to an earlier version from a few days prior of downloading ASIO4ALL and all of the sudden it started working flawlessly........fast forward to now, I tried downloading ASIO Link Pro to connect my DAW to audio streaming platforms, and before i did it i was so skeptical because i didnt want that to happen. unfortunately that screwed up my pro tools as well. same issue and same headache. I hate it. I cant even restore my laptop to an earlier day because it doesnt give me that option anymore. i might have to reset my pc entirely.

were you able to figure this out? i know im 4 years late but im sure ppl have ran into this as well. or hoping you knew how to fix it. seems like ASIO programs suck ***** and hates protools because it still haunts it even after i uninstalled it. I even uninstalled pro tools and reinstalled and it still sucks
Old 12-02-2023, 09:01 AM

I’m more video than music guy, so don’t record or anything, but I’ve always used voicemeter instead of asio4all. I find it much better. Don’t know if it will help your issue but may be worth looking into. Also use basehead for sfx, which works well with voicemeter and protools/media composer. The added bonus is that you can still hear windows sounds whilst protools is open, in case you want to watch tutorials or such.

https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/index.htm

https://voicemeeter.com/

Last edited by Cagney; 12-02-2023 at 09:28 AM.