Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 10-18-2019, 05:54 PM

Default Control 24 expansion chasis

Hey! I've been running PT11 with an Apollo quad. Today I picked up a control 24 on the cheap to use as a controller since Neyrinck released v control. But have been thinking of setting it up as a B studio instead. I'm not familiar with this type of setup and I have a few questions.

The control 24 came with a 64bit expansion chasis with magma card.
It did not include the pci card that goes in the computer. Are these hard to come by?

Also, how exactly would this connect to pro tools 10? Does pro tools 10 simply run off the control 24 over ethernet?

I'm not really sure what I have here or how I would use the expansion chasis? it contains a magma card and some HD core and processor cards. Does it have to run off pt hd ?

I may end up using it as a v control but I'm just wondering what I'd have to do to set this up with pt10 as a second setup for now. Any info would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191018_171737.jpg (92.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20191018_171920.jpg (90.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-20-2020, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Control 24 expansion chasis

The chassis doesn't have any connection to the Control 24. The expansion chassis is holding HD cards (which don't work with Pro Tools 11) so that you could run more cards than will fit in most towers. The chassis/cards should be fine with PT10 HD(or older) but you didn't get all the parts? There should be a card(PCI or PCIe) to go in the main computer, and a cable that connects between the card and the chassis Since you didn't get the card/cable, you'll have some searching to do. I have no experience with those but for sure, you'll need to know the exact model of the chassis so you can search for the right pieces. The Control 24 connects via Ethernet for control. If you want to use the preamps(most people don't), then you need to connect the line outputs(DB25 connections) to compatible IO boxes(second-hand 192's are a good budget option, but make sure they have analog IO. The 192 DIGITAL is not a good option here). In fact, a single 192 with an extra INPUT card would handle all 16 of the Control 24 preamps(but as I sad, few people like them)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave