Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 10-17-2019, 09:16 PM

Default Dock and Logic newbie questions

Hi All

Great forum, this is my first post as I have just taken delivery of my Dock to run with Logic Pro.
I have iPad 4 running PT control 19.9.1.17 and Eucon workstation 19.9.1.17 both via ethernet to my MMBP running OSX 10.14.6 with Logic 10.4.7
The unit and iPad seem to be working great and after reading the manuals I have the setup performing beautifully minus a few things I haven't yet worked out, hooping someone here may be able to help.

PT Control App Mixer View does not seem to auto bank to selected track on the PT control app, this view stays on 8 channels. if I click on a track. in logic (say track 15 mixer view is not updated.

What am I missing here?

in channel view of PT control app I can config plugin but can't seem to edit it, when I go back to insert view it is not showing what inserts are instantiated.

my EUCON prefs are currently set to
Open windows when assigned to : PT control...
If is select Channel mode knobs in Eucontrol settings I can edit but I find it there are other problems loading entire selection of plugins from a manufacturer only a small number of plugins show and again hitting inserts on channel view of PT control app shows no plugins on the channel even though there are loaded in Logic.

Send also seem to not activate from PT control app configure seems to do nothing in send section of channel view

Besides that so far I have customised buttons and this unit is fantastic with Logic. I absolutely love it for what I need.

If there are any Logic peeps out there that have any suggestions for a newbie like me I would greatly appreciate it.

I am 99.9 percent sure my issues are newbie related.

Kindest regards

2019 15 inch MBP 2.4 Ghz i9
32 Gb Ram 2Tb SSD
OSX 10.4.6
Computer Connected Peripherals........
Protools Dock
2 x Digidesign 192 I/o, Sync I/o
Digico S21
Digigrid DLS
Caldigit TS3 Plus
Genelec SAM 8331
AXE FX 3
MOTU MIDI Express XT
TC Clarity M
Eventide H7600
Eventide Eclipse
Lexicon PCM 92
Lexicon PCM80
1 x 55 inch Samsung series 8 TV
2 x Sony Monitors

Lots of other gear not directly fly or through connected to computer....