Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Falcon 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubxf View Post
the falcon factory is the new one it looks the same but once you expend it you will notice a different creation date oct 9. You replace the one in your library folder with this new one and you should have the new presets
Aaaahhh.. got it. Thanks!

MacPro 7,1; 16 core OSX 13.5.2
PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad
Old 11-21-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You don't need anything from Avid except for the Avid Plugsound library. You get everything you need from UVI. The UVI one will overwrite the Avid version - at least it did when I purchased F2 from UVI as it overwrote the Avid supplied F1.6. You can have both license assets on your iLok but they dont' affect each other.

Hmmm... I seem to be completely missing the AvidPlugsound library. I can't locate it anywhere in my system. Its just gone. And I can't see anyplace to download it to get it back. Is there a place to go get just that library, or do I no longer have it because I bought the full Falcon 2.0 from UVI?

Old 11-21-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Hmmm... I seem to be completely missing the AvidPlugsound library. I can't locate it anywhere in my system. Its just gone. And I can't see anyplace to download it to get it back. Is there a place to go get just that library, or do I no longer have it because I bought the full Falcon 2.0 from UVI?
That's weird that it's gone. Did you have it before? You do need it if you want to use those patches/sounds. Have you looked in your Avid Master account where your PT 2019 downloads are? It should be down in the UVI plugins section. I did not have to redownload it when I got F2 from UVI.

QAPLA!
Old 11-21-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Login to your Avid Account.

Product Details and Download Links-->UVI Plug-Ins--->Plugsound Avid Edition (UFS) 2.25 GB

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 11-21-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWing View Post
Login to your Avid Account.

Product Details and Download Links-->UVI Plug-Ins--->Plugsound Avid Edition (UFS) 2.25 GB

Finally found it. Its listed under my Pro Tools tab, not my Avid plan tab. I can get it back now.

Old 11-25-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWing View Post
Heard back from UVI support on this. TWO choices...1) Remove the Avid Content file or 2) Move it to a different directory, config F2 to "SEE" that directory and set it to NOT "Auto Mount". That way you can activate it only if you want to use it in Pro Tools ON DEMAND and it DOES NOT generate an error in Standalone or as a VST Sound Bank.

Tested on my PC using Option 2...IT WORKS! :)

I find it rather curious that while you can run Avid Falcon in standalone, you can't mount or use the Avid Plugsound library...only when Falcon is opened in PT. That somehow makes no sense to me.

Old 11-25-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I find it rather curious that while you can run Avid Falcon in standalone, you can't mount or use the Avid Plugsound library...only when Falcon is opened in PT. That somehow makes no sense to me.
Agreed it makes no sense but as I mentioned before that's because the Avid Plugsound library is tied to the Avid supplied falcon license asset.

QAPLA!
Old 11-25-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Agreed it makes no sense but as I mentioned before that's because the Avid Plugsound library is tied to the Avid supplied falcon license asset.

I understand that. But, if you can run Falcon under the Avid license in standalone, why the heck does the license to access the Plugsound library require you to only be in PT? Falcon can clearly access the Avid license to open without PT being open.

Anyway, not the hill to die on. Also, since I own Falcon outright, having bought 2.0 from UVI on the deal they offered, I'm not stressing over it! I just find it a bit annoying.

Old 11-25-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I understand that. But, if you can run Falcon under the Avid license in standalone, why the heck does the license to access the Plugsound library require you to only be in PT? Falcon can clearly access the Avid license to open without PT being open.

Anyway, not the hill to die on. Also, since I own Falcon outright, having bought 2.0 from UVI on the deal they offered, I'm not stressing over it! I just find it a bit annoying.
Actually you can NOT run the Avid licensed Falcon in standalone (at least I couldn't). It's aax only. Standalone only happens in the UVI supplied Falcon. The two license assets can co-exist on the same iLok. So what you're seeing is the UVI licensed Falcon in standalone. Deactivate the Avid Falcon Falcon license in ILM and you'll still be able to open Falcon but with the UVI license asset. I went through this when I purchased Falcon 2 from UVI.

QAPLA!
Old 11-25-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Actually you can NOT run the Avid licensed Falcon in standalone (at least I couldn't). It's aax only. Standalone only happens in the UVI supplied Falcon. The two license assets can co-exist on the same iLok. So what you're seeing is the UVI licensed Falcon in standalone. Deactivate the Avid Falcon Falcon license in ILM and you'll still be able to open Falcon but with the UVI license asset. I went through this when I purchased Falcon 2 from UVI.

Yeah, I think you're right about that. I was thinking I had run Falcon in standalone prior to upgrading to 2.0 through UVI. I may not be remembering that correctly. (Don't say it...!)

Closed Thread