Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-25-2019, 11:21 AM

Default PT 6.4.1 link down

Not really sure I’m going to need it, I think I’m backed up, but it’s been two moves and several years since I’ve sparked up my rig, I’ve found most of it.
I was able to find the legacy download section but forgot to bookmark it, now I’m having a time finding it again.
But I did notice that the 6.4.1 download link doesn’t work.

Milesofwire
Old 03-25-2019, 01:01 PM

Default Re: PT 6.4.1 link down

Most of the links on the old archives are broken now. Haven’t been there for a while, fortunately I have the installers I need backed up. There are still a few other people running mix rigs that come around here, so if you end up needing an installer you can’t find someone (myself included) probably has it backed up.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 03-25-2019, 04:45 PM

Thanks John, I’m pretty sure I backed them all up as well, I won’t know until I fire it all up.
I used to be one of the guys giving advice and help on all the vintage TDM systems, now that I’ve been out of it, I feel like such a nube!

If I remember right, there is a particular Digi system Ini, and a specific version of digitest to run and test a MIX system.

Last edited by milesofwire; 03-25-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:45 PM

Hey all,

I'm rebuilding a "new" G4 rig and don't have the 6.4.2 installer. Any links on rebuilding the rig would be appreciated. I have my original 6.1 installs and passwords, but having trouble getting back to 6.4.2cs3.

My rock solid Dual 533 (purchased May, 2001) mix cube gave up the ghost (power supply, I believe. I'd replaced once before.) I bought a Dual 1.25 years ago as a backup and am looking to build that out, but it's a slog right now. My PT / G4 maintenance chops are rusty to say the least, because the rig was bullet proof for so long.

Any help getting me running again is appreciated.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:46 PM

Hey all,

I found my 6.4.1 install, as well as they 6.4.1cs2 - cs4 installs if anyone needs them. I'm happy to share.

That Avid wouldn't, at a minimum, offer the last good version of TDM software on a link isn't reasonable. There were thousands of professional records done with that software. Backwards compatible though subsequent versions may be for the edits, the 3rd party plugs may not be.

One of the things I hated about ProTools in my professional L.A. recording days, was Digidesign's "We don't have to care: we're the phone company" attitude because they had such a lock on the market in professional recording. It was one of the reasons I never bought another Digi product after I left L.A. Happy to see all the legit alternatives as I look to get a new rig.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akakgak View Post
My rock solid Dual 533 (purchased May, 2001) mix cube gave up the ghost (power supply, I believe. I'd replaced once before.) I bought a Dual 1.25 years ago as a backup and am looking to build that out, but it's a slog right now.
There is a good chance you can get your old system up and running simply by installing the old cube hard drive to your backup tower
Old 10-13-2019, 01:12 PM

+1

My archives goes back to PT 3