Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 08-05-2017, 06:04 PM

Default Please help with Air Instrument Expansion Pack upgrade to enable iLok

I would like to run the Air Instrument Expansion v2 pack on a second PC used for mixing. It runs fine on my Protools 11 tracking setup in the project studio. Air tells me that my license is good for up to 2 PCs. SO I want to also install it on my second PC used for mixing.

But I can't figure out how to get this to run on the second PC. Protools 11 is running fine along with my Wave plugins and other stuff. The only thing I am missing is the Air Instrument Expansion Pack VIs. I love these VIs BTW and they are wonderful instruments. Especially Strike. This is very frustrating as I have engaged Air's help and still have no solution.

Here are the steps I have taken and where I am now stuck.

I used the Air Instrument 2.0 Installers that I originally used to install on the project studio tracking PC. When I launch ProTools each VI wants to be authorized.

I use my iLok to authorize all the software, but the Air instruments don't authorize from the iLok. Apparently they are somehow fixed to my tracking PC.

On my iLok the AIr Instrument pack shows that it is the original v1 that I had bought from Digi originally and then upgraded.

So I asked Air for help.

They told me to upgrade to the 2.0.4 version of the pack and that this will be able to have its license on the iLok so that I can just have all my VIs and plugins on one iLock. That would be great! The upgrade is $29 so no big deal.

The instructions they sent me to upgrade to 2.0.4 say :

Thank you for contacting us. We're pleased to provide you the following Upgrade Codes:

Product: Upgrade from Air Instrument Expansion Pack 2.0 to Air Instrument Expansion Pack 2.0.4 for Mac and PC ($29.99)
Promo Code: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Instructions: http://bit.ly/air_promo_code
Download Page: http://www.airmusictech.com/product/...n-pack#updates

Unfortunately the website for the upgrade does not exist.

I have asked them for help but now they seem to ignore me.

All I want to do is be able to use these VIs on a second PC.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

ASUS PRIME Z390-A / Intel i7 rackmount PC
Windows 10 home 64 bit
Pro-Tools 11.3.1
AIR Instrument Expansion Pack v2
WAVES Platinum plugin bundle
Tascam US-16x08 Interface
100% Analog real time monitoring 16x4
Yamaha 16 channel MG16XU Analog Monitor Mixer
Yamaha MX-88 / Novation XiO keyboards
Mackie 4-channel headphone amp
Adam A8X monitors
Blue / Shure, etc. microphones

Estonia 6' 8" Parlor Grand Piano
Yamaha Studio Drum kit

https://www.dc-choppah.com/
Old 08-06-2017, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Please help with Air Instrument Expansion Pack upgrade to enable iLock

That sucks to say the least. What sucks even more is there is no more AIEP V2 as there's now AIEP V3 and apparently there's no legacy support for older versions. Hate to say it but it looks like you're out the $29. The V3 upgrade is $150 - mega ouch.

QAPLA!
Old 08-06-2017, 07:06 AM

Default Re: Please help with Air Instrument Expansion Pack upgrade to enable iLock

Thank you for the reply.

I did not part with $29 since I was never able to access their page to buy that upgrade.

I would be happy to upgrade to v3 fro $129. Air instruments are great and that would be fine to, to have the new instrument and presets.

However, I just followed their instructions and it says to use your Activation Codes from the old VI as a Promo code when you check out for the V3 upgrade. So I tried that, and none of them work! I have all activation codes from my 2.0 version and they don't work as promo codes like they say they should.

Windows 10 home 64 bit
Pro-Tools 11.3.1
Adam A8X monitors

Yamaha Studio Drum kit

Old 08-06-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-Choppah View Post
Thank you for the reply.

I did not part with $29 since I was never able to access their page to buy that upgrade.

I would be happy to upgrade to v3 fro $129. Air instruments are great and that would be fine to, to have the new instrument and presets.

However, I just followed their instructions and it says to use your Activation Codes from the old VI as a Promo code when you check out for the V3 upgrade. So I tried that, and none of them work! I have all activation codes from my 2.0 version and they don't work as promo codes like they say they should.
Actually it says to use the serial numbers and not activation codes unless for some odd reason they're the same. Glad you didn't get screwed for the $29.

QAPLA!
Old 08-06-2017, 11:45 AM

Oh man, what I have in my original email from Air for the 2.0 version is called 'Digital Rights' and is five groups of 4 numbers. These are what I used to try and put into the promo code box to no avail.

Product SKU: AIRIEP2UPG
Product Name: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack Upgrade - Apply Promo Code in the field below to take advantage of this offer.
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $99.99
Digital Rights: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

I don't know where to find the 'serial number'?

Windows 10 home 64 bit
Pro-Tools 11.3.1
Adam A8X monitors

Yamaha Studio Drum kit

Old 08-06-2017, 11:57 AM

From the Air site

If you have directly purchased an AIR software title previously, you can use the Authorization Code for any eligible AIR title as a Promo Code during checkout. You would have received an email with the Authorization Code when you purchased the eligible title (current AIR Instrument or FX title as of 4/26/2016 are eligible).

Visit the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3 Complete or AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3 Select page.
Click Upgrade Now.
Add the title to your shopping cart.
During checkout, enter the Authorization code from an eligible AIR title in the Promo Code field to obtain the discount pricing.

This is nor working for me when I use my 'Digital Rights' as a promo code. But that is all I have. I sent them an email but they ignore me and don't reply.

Windows 10 home 64 bit
Pro-Tools 11.3.1
Adam A8X monitors

Yamaha Studio Drum kit

Old 08-06-2017, 01:24 PM

The whole AIR thing is really finicky. It's probably the most convoluted way of obtaining and installing software I've ever come across.

Get in touch with a guy called Simon Bangs. He's REALLY helpful and quick at getting back to you. He'll definitely be able to sort it out for you.

sbangs (at) inmusicbrands (dot) com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-Choppah View Post
From the Air site

If you have directly purchased an AIR software title previously, you can use the Authorization Code for any eligible AIR title as a Promo Code during checkout. You would have received an email with the Authorization Code when you purchased the eligible title (current AIR Instrument or FX title as of 4/26/2016 are eligible).

Visit the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3 Complete or AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3 Select page.
Click Upgrade Now.
Add the title to your shopping cart.
During checkout, enter the Authorization code from an eligible AIR title in the Promo Code field to obtain the discount pricing.

This is nor working for me when I use my 'Digital Rights' as a promo code. But that is all I have. I sent them an email but they ignore me and don't reply.

Interesting and conflicts with the info from this page: http://www.airmusictech.com/product/...ack-3-complete
wherein there's this:
UPGRADES:

Users who own previous versions of the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, the AIEP 3 SELECT or a single AIR Music Technology instrument can upgrade for just $149.99 by entering their existing products serial number when asked for a promotional code during checkout. Need help? Please contact [email protected]

They can't seem to get their ****e straight can they?

Have you tried the age-old thing of a different browser? Shouldn't have to.

QAPLA!
Old 08-06-2017, 04:49 PM

At the end of the day, one last thing will be important; check your iLok account under the Available Licenses section to see if you have a second iLok asset for the bundle. If you do, then drag that onto a second iLok so you can run the package on 2 systems at the same time(unless you don't mind moving a single iLok). I wish every company included 2 licenses, but many don't. But several do(Eventide and Slate, for example)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-06-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Have you tried the age-old thing of a different browser? Shouldn't have to.
Worth a shot.

Just entered my Digital Rights code that they gave me for the Air Instrument Expansion Pack 2.0, into the promo code box for the upgrade to 3.0 using:

Explorer
Torch
Firefox
Chrome

to no avail. It says that the promo code does not exist in each case.

Windows 10 home 64 bit
Pro-Tools 11.3.1
Adam A8X monitors