Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 08-06-2019, 04:37 PM

Default Is it me or as the Price goes up the Quality goes Down

This 2019.6 is so random in its issues... beachball here and there errors at 30% cpu..automation strange behavior, midi bizarre assigments

all in all PT is losing the plot.BIG time

What is Up with them.
I realize this place isnt even connected to AVID.

they are Reaaallly resting on their Laurels.. basic stuff was a Major upgrade like changin plugins during playback.. Ok wow how about fixing the 10 year ol bugs

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]
Old 08-06-2019, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Is it me or as the Price goes up the Quality goes Down

I am getting so frustrated. It was working perfectly on my Windows 7 computer, but I updated to 10 because Microsoft was spamming me with scare tactics. Now, I am getting error messages that plugins are not 64 bit, when all I loaded were the 64 bit versions. I don't want to reinstall everything. I frikkin just spent all my spare time over the last 2 months loading this stupid computer.

I'm going to try reinstalling PT 2019 to see if that helps. Though maybe it would be better to downgrade to 2019.5. I don't remember if I tested it since it updated..... The error messages I'm getting are very strange and seem to be mostly related to IZotope and IKMultimedia stuff. And Elastic Audio.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Is it me or as the Price goes up the Quality goes Down

Before upgrading an OS, I always completely uninstall Pro Tools, (leaving all plug-ins installed) then upgrade the OS, then reinstall Pro Tools. I have had no issues doing this.

Now running Windows 10, Version 1903.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com