Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 05-07-2016, 09:10 PM

Default No power/ Fast track pro/ Soon after update

Hi everyone.

I am looking for any informations regarding a fast track pro, this sound card is mine since 2006, bought brand new. Now no led no power. This device has been updated by the last driver 6.1.11 from 2016.
- The card was working fine after the 2016 update, so it may not be the cause. Anyway this look strange enough to me to write this message.
- I left the card on a good working condition, the computer was closed properly.
- Was working fine the days before the failure.
- Now on power, no led, windows8 find an "unknown device" when switching the power button.
- I played around the drivers, uninstalled the software, came back to oldest, installed it again. Tried to let windows do the stuffs, and also tried manually without success.
- Found the device a bit hotter than usually (while plugged, still no led on), so i putted all apart.
- Found one very hot capacitor. This is a 100uF cap close to the usb socket. As i had one with me, i changed it. (100uF 63V, largely strong enough)
- Now windows let me install the maudio driver by hand, it work as the sound card now appear on the driver manager as "M-audio Fast track pro" with the little caution sign on the side, meaning a driver failure.
- The FastTrackPro updater now launch itself at every plug, after clicking next, it say the device is updated correctly. Still no led on. The FastTrackPro manager is saying "hardware not connected, Not streaming"

Well i am now stuck as I am not a fixing guy, i do music!
I would enjoy any tech's support. Got with me an oscilloscope and some electronics knowledge. I like this card I would really enjoy to save it, also pretty sure that this can help someone else. There is a power failure somehow.

Please note this issue had been reported by someone else on the maudio forum, as well on twitter: http://community.m-audio.com/m-audio...rack-pro-issue
At this stage i won't recommend to anyone to update his Maudio Fast Track Pro with the windows driver 6.1.11 provided by Avid as the final driver release: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...ck-Pro-Drivers

Cheers.

Last edited by k33szt; 05-07-2016 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Add precision on actual behavior