Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 07-10-2012, 11:34 PM

Default Core Audio Driver

Not sure why the latest build of PT I have installed the dreaded Core Audio Driver. It's causing problems. Any idea how to get rid of it? Been searching Avid's useless website, cannot find a stand alone installer that seems like it would be able to uninstall it.

Basically Kontakt now after it's been installed, will only play out of my Mac's BUILT-IN speaker, stupid thing. Stand alone Kontakt I mean. Of course, my digital out is working great for everything else.

Anyway, just looking for advice how to banish Avid Core Audio driver for ever!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Core Audio Driver

Same problem here... Before upgrading to mountain lion, I could use kontakt stand-alone through my digital output. And now I can't anymore.

I've tried to set things up the right way. But I can only find built-in device with core audio as driver. Checked my sample rate, which was 44.1 and set it to 48 since my system is running on 48 on it's digital output. Also tried switching from 24 bit to 16 bit (in my system prefs for digital output), all with no result what so ever.

Please help, because this is frustrating! And I've been looking on google for quite a long time now, in order to find an answer.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:04 PM

Ok, I found a way around this.
If you select the "built-in" device under options -> audio
while driver is on core-audio, the output is actually routed to channel 1-2 on your output. This won't work.
In the same bar as your "options" button in your Kontakt window, there is a button called "output". If you select this, a mini-mixer will show up. Then locate the most left channel (st. 1) and click on the 1|2 button at the bottom. Change that to 5|6. That did the trick for me.
Have fun playing!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:07 AM

You're going to need the CoreAudio driver from Avid if you're running an Avid interface; actually you'll need a CoreAudio driver of any sort to get audio out of a Mac on other than the internal speakers on an external interface.

That being said I have no problem using Kontakt 5 through either my 11 Rack or my iMac's internal speakers. I have my iMac setup so that it uses it's internal speakers for stuff like iTunes, system sounds, and any other thing I care to run through them; I don't use an aggregate device. In Kontakt I can select whatever I want to use for audio out from within Kontakt itself and I don't have to mess with the mixer in Kontakt if I don't want to.

QAPLA!