Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 02:44 PM

Default M-Powered without actually utalising hardware

Ok im really new to this and im sorry if im very slow on the uptake! Is it possible to have the m-powered hardware pluged into the system (so that pro tools runs) but actually use a different bethod of data entry to the software? I want to use a behringer Ada8000 8 mic pre amp with adat out to send the audio via a behringer BCF2000 to the Mac. The entry level m-box does not support adat and only has 2 channels. By using these behringer products it would be possible for me to record 10 channels and send them via USB 2.0. Hope you can clear this up and i apologise again if ive made some huuuge oversite!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: M-Powered without actually utalising hardware

unfortunately this won't work. you'll have to use one of the supported m-audio hardware interfaces with pro tools m-powered. you could get a firewire 1814. that will work with your ada800 to give you 16 inputs.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:58 AM

Ok, so if i brought the firewire 1814, id have to buy a copy of pro tools to go woth it. Would this be the LE version or M-powered version, or are they the same things? what are the differences? What is the difference between a full pro tools rig and the LE/M-Powered versions? Thanks again
Old 10-27-2005, 03:02 PM

go to home page and click on Products to see the differences.

ProTools MP only works with the recomended m-audio products like the FW1814.