Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2000, 08:36 AM

Default Anyone else ever get this Waves error?

I emailed Waves on this one, but was wondering if anyone else ever had this happen.

The other day I received the following error while Waves plugins were attempting to load on a session:

COnyxWavesDSP::ReadExec
WaitForHostStatusBitSet
failed

Just prior to this I had (for the first time ever) run DigiTest to verify my cards. I had just downloaded the maintenance release of DigiTest, as the original DigiTest in version 5 didn't see my digi cards. As per the DigiTest instructions I had restarted the system after running the test. (DigiTest found no errors by the way).

After I got the above error, I shut the system down and actaully unplugged the system. After doing this, everything was fine.

Yesterday I got this error again. The only thing I had done that I don't usually do was to switch the Protools playback engine from 1 chip (32 voice) to 2 chip and back again, prior to loading the session. Once again, shutting down and unplugging the entire system seemed to correct it. Today all is fine.

It almost seems as though the DSP chips are being left in some state that Waves doesn't like. Anyone else ever get this? Thanks in advance.

Tom
Old 06-04-2000, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Anyone else ever get this Waves error?

i used to get that and all sorts of weird things before 2.8.1 haven't had a problem since. if you're not using 2.8.1 i would say that's your problem.
Old 06-04-2000, 08:04 PM

2.8.1 is what I have. It's only happened those two times. Today I was opening and closing sessions all day with no problem. Guess I'll see what the folks at Waves have to say.
Old 06-04-2000, 10:57 PM

When I first updated my Waves to 2.8.1, the same thing happened. Somehow I realized that the L1 may have had a glitch. So I pulled it from the Waves Plug Ins folder, and restarted. No more glitch. I returned the L1 back into the Plug Ins folder, restarted again. No glitches. Don't ask me why this worked, but it did. If you have the L1, try this.
Old 06-05-2000, 07:04 AM

Thanks generator, I'll try that. That almost sounds like something that could be related to the DAE prefs...forcing it to rebuild the plugin list or something.
Old 06-05-2000, 01:30 PM

The COnyx error has plagued my system till i received 2.8.1. You may want to check your extensions folder for the WavesLib 2.8.1 alias. And make sure there is no older waveslib aliases in it.

Hope this helps,
Mike