Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2014, 04:54 AM

Default PT11 automation bug?

Hi

The other day I was automating a vocal for de-essing and found that on some playbacks the automation didn't work. To explain...I'd come across an S that I wanted to duck, reduce the level, locate the playhead back ahead of the change, and hit space to play back. Sometimes I'd be quite close to the automation breakpoints when I hit play to hear my change. I'd then be tweaking the automation and hitting play quite rapidly. Sometimes the automation just wouldn't function. The S would be back at full level. Now it seemed to me that it was almost as if I was working faster than it could follow...in other words if I left a decent gap or played back the whole track, everything was perfect, but if it was asked to playback rapidly very close to the automation changes it sometimes couldn't perform them. There were no errors. Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks

Jack
Old 04-23-2014, 06:29 AM

Default Re: PT11 automation bug?

Yeah I've had this a few times. I think it might be a "playing too close to the automation edit" thing coupled with a long delay compensation? (e.g. using auto-tune which knocks my ADC up to ~2800 samples)
Old 04-23-2014, 12:56 PM

Default Re: PT11 automation bug?

Yeah I was thinking about what might happen if you play back from closer than the required adc time, but I cant see why it would matter. The automation is all supposed to be time stamped now anyway. I tested in a blank session with long latency plug ins and could not reproduce it.