Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2014, 10:37 AM

Default Thunderbolt/Aurora 16- non responsive

First day with the new iMac and a Lynx aurora 16 with the LT-TB card (thunderbolt).

Horrific first 4 hours. I turn to you for help.

Running Pro Tools 11
Mac 10.9.2

First thing—only driver installed in the core audio driver from Lynx.
http://www.lynxstudio.com/support_do...ults.asp?i=135

Anyway, even WITHOUT PT OR ANY SOFTWARE RUNNING...
Front panel buttons to select anything (sample rate and clock source) become dead when just plugging the unit into computer. Completely non-responsive. Even the routing options are dead.

When unplugged from computer, they wake up.

System profiler sees the Thunderbolt card and it's plugged in and connected to machine.

Boot up pro tools... it sees nothing. NO hardware connected.

Maybe I'm just doing something completely stupid and you'll gently hit me with a foam bat and say "do this... "

For which I'd be grateful. IT's sunday... no tech support open.

I am at your mercy. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Thunderbolt/Aurora 16- non responsive

Did you try to talk with Lynx Support?

Other thing, try Aurora Remote Control Build 18h for OS X, to see if you have the latest firmware. The Aurora 16 needs the latest firmware to work with the LT-TB.

Regards,

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro

Last edited by Marco Bernardo; 04-27-2014 at 05:10 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:36 AM

Default Re: Thunderbolt/Aurora 16- non responsive

Did you read this on the manual?

"The LT-TB requires your Aurora converter to have Firmware Version 28 or later. This
should be verified prior to installing and configuring the LT-TB card. To determine what
firmware revision your Aurora has installed, press the TRIM and POWER buttons at the
same time with the power to the Aurora off. This will put the Aurora into a Demo mode,
where the front panel LEDs flash sequentially from left to right. In the Aurora METER
display, there will be a number in the Input row, and a number in the Output row, that flash
continuously. On an Aurora16, if the LED flashes over the numbers 2 on the input row & 8
on the output row or above (i.e. 3&1, 3&3, etc.) in the Aurora Meter Display, then your unit
is compatible with the LT-TB. If pressing Power and Trim does not cause any LEDs to
flash, causes a sequence lower than 28 to flash, or causes a single number to flash, then your
unit needs to be updated.
"

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 05-23-2015, 10:08 PM

Default Driver

install the core audio Driver 57A from lynx