Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 06-24-2013, 09:21 PM

Default No Presets In New Click 2 Plugin?

Am I the only one that didn't get any presets in the new click plugin? Don't tell me we have all these new click sounds, but no presets to easily try them out? Even the old presets are gone.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:30 PM

Default Re: No Presets In New Click 2 Plugin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEN6732 View Post
Am I the only one that didn't get any presets in the new click plugin? Don't tell me we have all these new click sounds, but no presets to easily try them out? Even the old presets are gone.

With all of the new parameters it's very fast and easy to create your own custom clicks....

Select your sound for click 1 and click 2, adjust your levels then click on Presets/Save Settings As

Then save to whatever you wish for a click name. The very next time you click on presets, there it is.

Though it may take a minute to set something and save it each time you want something new, once it's done it's done. Pretty cool actually.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
With all of the new parameters it's very fast and easy to create your own custom clicks....

Select your sound for click 1 and click 2, adjust your levels then click on Presets/Save Settings As

Then save to whatever you wish for a click name. The very next time you click on presets, there it is.

Though it may take a minute to set something and save it each time you want something new, once it's done it's done. Pretty cool actually.
Yes, saving presets is easy. However, it's nice to have presets that come with a plugin - like the ones that came with Click 1. It sure would be nice to have presets for each sound with a simple accent on "click 1" and a softer one on "click 2". If anyone would like to go through and make presets like this for each of the 40-50 sounds in there please post it for the rest of us. This work really should have already been done and included with the plugin.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEN6732 View Post
Yes, saving presets is easy. However, it's nice to have presets that come with a plugin - like the ones that came with Click 1. It sure would be nice to have presets for each sound with a simple accent on "click 1" and a softer one on "click 2". If anyone would like to go through and make presets like this for each of the 40-50 sounds in there please post it for the rest of us. This work really should have already been done and included with the plugin.

Do you actually use all of those presets?

Hobo Shave!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Do you actually use all of those presets?
I like to click the little double-square box under the presets selector so the window with all of them pops up. This way I can quickly zip through them by hitting the arrow keys on the keyboard. I do this frequently when using synths such as Xpand. It's a great feature.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:08 PM

OK, trust me on this, I'm not picking or anything, but I'm genuinely curious....

Am I to understand that you need all of those different presets for playing a midi instrument? Or are we talking about tempo maps instead? I'm a bit lost here...

There is a new window in PT, well, new to me anyways, in the edit window called real time properties... clicking on quantize and then selecting your choice allows you to create different tempo 'feels' for use with, well, anything really.

Or are we talking just about the sound the click plug-in makes?

Cheers.

edit: The reason I ask is because I'm from a drumming background. For me there is nothing better than the MPC click with the accent set about 4db higher than the regular beat tick. It just seems to cut through everything for me to hear. When I need to stay with a specific tempo and create a feel I program some loops of percussion. I keep a selection handy and just stretch or shorten as need for the tempo I'm asked to play.

Hobo Shave!
Old 06-25-2013, 01:26 AM

I also like to have presets as a starting point. That's why I did them:

Here you go: http://www.file-upload.net/download-...ck-II.zip.html