Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 04-22-2020, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Can't update my support code. [SOLVED]

I'm not sure, about the grace period, best to contact them and your dealer.

To be honest the support I got from AVID was terrible, total "buy the book" answers and a lot of wasted time. it took Jeffero getting involved for it to get solved.

You can read my thread to get an idea how it all went. Basically it was my mistake (but a very honest misunderstanding of policy) that caused the headache. I expected AVID would see the misunderstanding and correct it quickly. Unfortunately they wanted to treat it like... "your unused $300 subscription is now worthless, plus you have to pad another $1000 to stay up to date."

It was very unhelpful and very uncool from a company I've invested upward of $30,000 over the last 20 years. Sorry to rehash but it left a REALLY bad taste in my mouth.

Anyhow Jeffro had my back and hopefully can help you as well if you get stuck with AVID like I did.

Cheers!
Chris
Old 04-22-2020, 06:46 AM

Seems to be OK now, I opened a case in support and my license is showing activ now.
Thanks Avid!
Old 05-04-2020, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Can't update my support code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS AIKEN View Post
Big thanks to Jeffro for over riding the Avid support guys that were handling this and solving it in about 10 minutes!
Glad you got this sorted! Why Avid don't fix their support system is a mystery, especially for long time customers. It's like they don't care for customer loyatly
Old 05-04-2020, 03:29 AM

They should word it very clearly that renewal code must be used before grace period is over. Their customer service should also renew it manually if your receipt shows you have bought it before your old plan expired, just common sense.

In that case however your plan would be just the same 12 months from previous expiration and not from the date it is used. As they said, that is called "reinstatement" which is no longer sold by Avid.

Sorry to hear of all this trouble.