Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 02-05-2019, 11:15 PM

Default Re: What is up with AIR these days?

I think they are working or have to work on FX for the AKAI MPC software. All their FX plugins are now available in MPC.
MacBook Pro i7 Quad 2.6GHz 16GB RAM
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise
Old 02-06-2019, 01:53 PM

After posting in this thread over a couple of weeks ago, I was reminded why I had stopped using IEP. So, I tried to recover my login credentials but didn’t receive the expected automated response. I then e-mailed their support to try to establish what updates are available, process, etc.

I had already forgtten about this but came across this thread again. I contacted them on Sunday morning, so now at the end of their stated 24-72 hour response period, yet no reply (checked junk, etc.)

My previous experience with Sonivox was the same i.e. no response after several e-mails. FWIW, I did eventually get ‘proper’ support from the UK InMusic team who appear to be doing their best dealing with poor direct support and longstanding issues (such as Sonivox VI crashes on Pro Tools) with the brands they represent.

Anyway, if Air don’t reply, I guess my IEP will remain on the current, out-of-date version and I will continue to have no access to my licences, user account, etc.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:08 AM

Just received a marketing e-mail from Air Music Technology and this reminded me that I had contacted them a few weeks ago ... yet still no reply.

As I mentioned before, this is consistent with previous experiences with Sonivox - in this case, I 'own' software from a company with an obscure system for managing licences, upgrades and downloads + a page intended to automate the recovery of credentials that evidently doesn't work + they also fail to respond to e-mail enquiries after several weeks.

Considering the history of these VIs going back to the Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack, do others here still use these ... or has everyone given up?!
Old 03-01-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righty27 View Post
Just received a marketing e-mail from Air Music Technology and this reminded me that I had contacted them a few weeks ago ... yet still no reply.

As I mentioned before, this is consistent with previous experiences with Sonivox - in this case, I 'own' software from a company with an obscure system for managing licences, upgrades and downloads + a page intended to automate the recovery of credentials that evidently doesn't work + they also fail to respond to e-mail enquiries after several weeks.

Considering the history of these VIs going back to the Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack, do others here still use these ... or has everyone given up?!

I use several of them a lot, because I love how so many of them sound. Transfuser has been a staple with me for years. And I've created a ton of patches for Hybrid and Vacuum Pro. I'm not sure there's really an alternative to Transfuser out there that's as easy to use. I also use Structure a lot to create patches from other sound sources. There's a few features it lacks, but there's still a lot you can do with it, and get some great sounds. But it does feel like AIR has abandon its users. They're just not communicating much these days. If you post issues on their forum webpage, you can still get help that way. But, going through their customer support system hasn't been so supportive!

Old 03-01-2019, 02:25 PM

After paying over $750 to get PTIEP1 to IEP2 and now a few upgrade dollars we are soooo done with their weird useless upgrading and updating system!! F’s everything up and the sloooooow and sometimes non existent support we moved on to bigger and better sounding VI as not only does these VI sound like 6-8 years ago, they haven’t updated any of them in 5 years so the same booring sounds we got then is whats on tap today! No Bueno

I can’t understand why anyone would use Strike or Structure these days as one sounds like ... well BAD and the other OLD and featureless!

The rest like LOOM and ”whateveryournamesare” are CPU crazy and again, old sounding and booring presets. Nothing that sets any kind of emotion going when starting on a new song.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-01-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
After paying over $750 to get PTIEP1 to IEP2 and now a few upgrade dollars we are soooo done with their weird useless upgrading and updating system!! F’s everything up and the sloooooow and sometimes non existent support we moved on to bigger and better sounding VI as not only does these VI sound like 6-8 years ago, they haven’t updated any of them in 5 years so the same booring sounds we got then is whats on tap today! No Bueno

I can’t understand why anyone would use Strike or Structure these days as one sounds like ... well BAD and the other OLD and featureless!

The rest like LOOM and ”whateveryournamesare” are CPU crazy and again, old sounding and booring presets. Nothing that sets any kind of emotion going when starting on a new song.

I wouldn't go that far, Christopher. Like most VI's, any of these can have the "right" sound for a specific project. There are many fine patches to be had out of Hybrid, Vacuum Pro and even Structure, depending on what you need. Transfuser is still very useful for creating great rhythms and all kinds of vocal fx. I find it very easy to use and still able to generate many useful ideas from it. But all that aside, that doesn't help AIR get their customer service act together. As you said about their upgrade system, it is impossible and difficult. And now that they seem to have just gone into hiding...you gotta wonder.

I'll continue using Transfuser, Structure, Hybrid, Vacuum Pro and once in a while, Xpand2...at least for now. But, if they don't start coming out with some new upgrades and deal with the many things we've asked for over the past few years, then I'll be drifting away from using them more and more.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:42 PM

"InMusic"...where great products go to die.

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 03-03-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWing View Post
"InMusic"...where great products go to die.

Sadly, that seems to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-03-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:

Agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 03-04-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:

This is pretty much the way it stands here as well.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com