Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2013, 12:21 PM

Default Problem with Pro Tools Express receiving sound from my M-Track Plus Audio Interface

I have Pro Tools Express which came with my M-Audio M-Track interface and when I plug in my Bass to M-track and then that to my laptop, I can hear the sound through my monitors but the sound bar that lights up to indicate sound does nothing and if I record no sound is recorded. I tried recording through the interface with Audacity and it worked fine so it must be something to do with Pro Tools. Input and Output are connected so I can enable recording on the track. My recording device and playback device are both set to M-track and the computer says sound is coming through but I have no idea why Pro Tools isn't hearing anything.......??? HELP PLEASE!!!
P.S. I use windows 8
Old 07-07-2013, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Problem with Pro Tools Express receiving sound from my M-Track Plus Audio Interfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by milobehr View Post
I have Pro Tools Express which came with my M-Audio M-Track interface and when I plug in my Bass to M-track and then that to my laptop, I can hear the sound through my monitors but the sound bar that lights up to indicate sound does nothing and if I record no sound is recorded. I tried recording through the interface with Audacity and it worked fine so it must be something to do with Pro Tools. Input and Output are connected so I can enable recording on the track. My recording device and playback device are both set to M-track and the computer says sound is coming through but I have no idea why Pro Tools isn't hearing anything.......??? HELP PLEASE!!!
P.S. I use windows 8
Hi,
I'm assuming you're using Pro Tools 10 Express? AFAIK it isn't qualified for Windows 8, though many people have gotten it to work. How is your I/O configured both on the track you're trying to record to and in your I/O setup? Some screenshots might help. Also, please post a SANDRA as described here:

Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

Chris

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 07-08-2013, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Problem with Pro Tools Express receiving sound from my M-Track Plus Audio Interfa

It has suddenly started working??? All is fine, thanks!
Old 12-31-2013, 11:57 AM

nothing Hear when i Play a project of other one
How to setup protools settings ??

Please help me
Thank you

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93GHZ
4GB Ram
1GB nVidia GeForce 210 VGA
Windows 8 64bit

Monitors - M-Audio Bx8 D2
Audio Interface - M-Audio M Track Plus 2Channel with Midi
Software - AVid Protools express

2.jpg

26.jpg

3251.jpg

21151.jpg

44454.JPG
Old 01-02-2014, 06:24 AM

Go to the "output" tab of the same window your screenshots came from and click on the default button.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?