Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2009, 12:49 PM

Default Session load stuck at "activating inserts"

Hey all...
I have a certain session that won't finish loading. It will generally get about halfway through the progress bar and inevitably get stuck at "activating inserts" on one track or another (snare top, bass, etc.)

I've tried opening other sessions and they're totally fine. I also tried going back to a very recent session file back up of the problem file and it's getting stuck the same way. I just trashed prefs, restarted and reloaded and am getting the same thing. All of my tricks are used up.

Any experience with this out there?
thanks,
jim

PT 8
Mac 8-core 10.5.6
4GB RAM
Old 08-25-2009, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Session load stuck at "activating inserts"

Try opening a new session and using "import session data" from the file menu to bring in each track individually. It should allow you to zone in on where the problem lies.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstaar View Post
Try opening a new session and using "import session data" from the file menu to bring in each track individually. It should allow you to zone in on where the problem lies.
+1 for this solution...
PT 2019 and 10.14
UA Apollo Quad
Outboard:
2 x Summit Audio 2BA-221>TLA 50>EQF-100
2 x dbx 165a
x Shadow Hills GAMA
http://humpbackmedia.net[/SIZE]
Old 08-25-2009, 01:14 PM

Good advice above. You could also try holding the shift key while opening the session. This will disable all inserts so the session may open. Then you can go thru and see if you have a bad plugin or maybe a missing plugin. At the very least, if you can open the session this way, you could consolidate all the audio tracks, which might make it easier to import the audio into a new session.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-25-2009, 01:17 PM

great thoughts...thanks. I have tried importing session data, but the same exact thing occurs. I will try holding shift. Great call...
Old 08-25-2009, 01:27 PM

so it loaded successfully holding down shift. What would the process be like to find the issue with the inserts? I've been opening this session every day for the past two weeks with no problems...weird.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:18 PM

Once you know you can open it, what I did was to Make Active all the inserts in the first slot>save>close> and try to open it(without holding SHIFT). If it opens, you know all the plugins in the first slot are okay(and move on to the next slot). If it does not open, then you know some plugin in the first slot is corrupt or outdated or otherwise kaput. Keep working at it and you will be able to narrow it down to what plugin(s) are whacked. Once you figure out which, you can uninstall or update as needed. If you navigate to the Digidesign/DAE folder, you will find 2 sub folders, one called Plugins and the other called Plugins(unused). Each plugin will have 2 files(with different file extensions). You can drag the 2 files for any offending plugin from the Plugins folder, to the Plugins(unused) folder(or anywhere you want) and Pro Tools will not load those plugins.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave