Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-23-2019, 05:34 PM

Default Recording problem with Digi 002

The faders meter when they please. By this I mean I have the same problem whether there is a pre-amplifier attached or not. So for example when I am singing sometimes I see waves and at other times I see a straight line. Its like there is some kind of short circuiting or something. I may have had the hardware for a while but I wasn't riding it, because I am not a beat maker. So to some people the hardware might be old but to me its a hardware that's rarely used, because I compose with Sibelius and then when the composition is ready for recording I go to Protools. I now have a lot of pieces that I need to record so its a problem if I can't record them.

On the other hand, I know for sure that there is a problem with the Mac pro 4.1. Intel Xeon which I bought used two years ago. For example: I would record a whole song and at times on the playback I would hear the sound, but could see absolutely no wave. Then after I stop the playback all of a sudden the waves would pop back in or not. I never noticed it hat issue with the Mac Mini although i had equal issues with lack of audio after a take.