Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 07-17-2014, 03:28 PM

Default Eleven Rack latency on recorded audio

Hi,

I hope that someone could possibly help me with this.

I have connected my Eleven Rack digitally from its AES/EBU output to my I/O 8x8x8's AES/EBU input. This has worked for me perfectly over the last two years, but after my first Eleven Rack gave up its ghost and I got a refurbished one as a replacement from Avid I've had huge problems with latency in this setup.

I have low latency monitoring activated with a H/W buffer size of 32 Samples and I still get around 75 ms of latency on all audio coming from my Eleven Rack. What is interesting is that all audio also gets recorded with this latency and I later have to adjust this by nudging the audio into place.

I have listened to the audio coming straight out of the headphones output of the Eleven Rack and that is in perfect sync with what I play, but for some reason I can't get it to be like this in ProTools.

Anyone have any ideas of what this could be, I appreciate any kind of help right now because this is starting to drive me crazy.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack latency on recorded audio

I get latency if I output the Eleven Rack's recording track to a bus.

Check if your armed track's output is set to a bus instead of Output 1-2.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack latency on recorded audio

I have it set to my main output which is my Digital 1-2 out, so I don't think that is it. Also that shouldn't effect the audio that has been recorded, only what I monitor while recording. I also have problems with a audio "beep" after I have stopped recording. So I am wondering if I might not have a problem with the AES cable.