Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2018, 07:42 AM

Default Video of PT Sessions

I am an audio guy and use Pro Tools for sessions. I am hoping someone can help me sort out how I should get to where I want to go. I want to create videos of sessions using different takes and camera angles, and sync it with the finished PT music file.

What software should I use to allow multiple camera angles, and be able to toggle and transition between the takes? I'm not looking for Hollywood complexity, just simple multiple video takes on a timeline. Is Avid Media composer a reasonable choice and not overkill for what I want to do?

I know we are always advised to use no other software on a DAW. Would Avid media composer make that a possibility, or will it still cause conflicts?

I am trying to comprise a list of equipment needed to do quality, but not complex, music videos of recording sessions. Maybe I need better cameras, and possibly a new mac to be used for video only. I am hoping to avoid an intimidating learning curve. Can anyone direct me in the right direction.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Video of PT Sessions

Any decent editing software will have a learning curve. Some steeper than others. Have a look at the free version of DaVinci Resolve. It has multi-camera capability.http://www.blackmagicdesign.com
Dell Precision 490 Workstation, dual 4 core 5355 Xeon, 16gb Samsung DDR2 ECC Ram - Windows 7 Ultimate - Nvidia GTX 650 - 3 x Internal WD Blacks - PT 2018.3 - Digi 002R - Original Mackie HUI - 3 screens - JBL Monitoring.
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 - 24gb RAM - Windows 10 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with Studio driver 546.01 - 2 x Internal Samsung 860 EVO SSDs, and MSATA card - Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 - 3 screens - Blackmagic Speed Editor - MK1 Presonus Faderport - Canon C100 mk2 - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n
Old 01-06-2018, 11:06 AM

Thanks...Taking a quick look now, but didn't see a free version. It looks pretty capable at $299.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:26 PM

No, that's the Studio version. Click on "Products", select the product family "DaVinci Resolve & Fusion Software", and go to the bottom of the displayed page. It's there.
Dell Precision 490 Workstation, dual 4 core 5355 Xeon, 16gb Samsung DDR2 ECC Ram - Windows 7 Ultimate - Nvidia GTX 650 - 3 x Internal WD Blacks - PT 2018.3 - Digi 002R - Original Mackie HUI - 3 screens - JBL Monitoring.
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 - 24gb RAM - Windows 10 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with Studio driver 546.01 - 2 x Internal Samsung 860 EVO SSDs, and MSATA card - Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 - 3 screens - Blackmagic Speed Editor - MK1 Presonus Faderport - Canon C100 mk2 - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n
Old 01-07-2018, 04:17 PM

Hi ,

take a look at Adobe Premiere.
The software has a multi camera mode and synchronizes the different camera videos with the audio track of each camera.

my 2 cents.

Jochen
Old 01-07-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
I know we are always advised to use no other software on a DAW. Would Avid media composer make that a possibility, or will it still cause conflicts?
Avid has approved the use of PT and MC on the same machine. I don't know the details, but they're on the Avid site. That said, lots of people have Adobe Premiere running on the same machine as Pro Tools without conflicts.