Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2011, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Oh mighty Dionysus I thank you every day for bestowing upon is the prophet Infiltrator. For through your knowledge transferred unto the prophet we now know that there is only ONE path for everything. There is only ONE way to affect the air to swirl and move in order for our primitive brains to interpret the sound as "good" or like an Arrendondo-modded marshall.
Thanks. Maybe your deity will perhaps reveal that to get the sound of An arrendondo-modded marshall, you either get him to mod you an amp to sound like one, (which is now impossible since Jose A. is dead), or 2) you get a person to mod the internals of an amp or build a new amp according to the same arredondo schematics, or 3) you buy a simulator such as the Axe FX or Axe FX 2 that has algorithms programmed to sound that way based on the exact modeling of the values in those schematics. Above none of which you have ever suggested in that suggestion. But somehow you wish to believe post processing, or EQs will give those results.

Quote:
For what has science taught us oh mighty Dionysus about the transmission of sound or the process of the ears and brain that allow us to make judgments on the displacement and vibrations in the air. Nothing! We now know that the prophet(Infiltrator) has destroyed the belief of the commoners of - several ways to an end. Or more colloquially "There is more than one way to skin a cat" verily I say Nay NAY! For the prophet has asserted that there is in fact only ONE way to skin said cat.

However oh mighty Dionysus and your father Zeus, I am concerned about the prophet and his acceptance of the Digital Devils. If there is in fact only one way to an end, as the prophet has asserted, then would not the only way to get the sound of an Arrendondo-modded marshall, in fact be to own an actual Arrendondo-modded marshall? Oh mighty Dionysus how will these evil Ones and Zeros accurately reproduce the sound of an analog signal? How can you model wood and metal and plastic in ones and zeros? For these materials will affect the end result of a sound simply by the fact that they exist in the same space as the circuitry.

Oh Zeus, oh Dionysus I am not questioning your authority, nor your sending of the prophet Infiltrator. But if the gods have given me the faculties of reason, am I not to use them? Are the gods testing my resolution? Or were the gods (pre-conceived notions of belief without evidence) my own creation, have I unknowingly cast out reason for far to long? Is this road a judgment upon me, or have I finally become free?
To your pharoahs, fairies, and leprechauns that you appeal who have appeared to you to make you believe that you can polish a turd, or that you can somehow make the sound of one instrument sound like a totally different instrument altogether in such uncanny ways with the use of an EQ - i say - WOW. LOL. That to me is definitely indicative that you gotta lay off the green stuff or you'll continue to get your advice from the green man, or whatever other goblins you seem to appeal to.

EQs after the fact are used to boost or cut WHAT IS ALREADY THERE - they do NOT introduce new sonic content. You are under a severe misconception about what EQs actually do. however - filters in between an amplifiers tube gain stages however can alter timbral characteristics in the way I described because of tube physics and chemistry and tube reaction to differently filtered signals - not in the way you describe EQs - except for your newly discovered knowledge that an EQ before an amps input causes the amp to sounds different than EQ-ing in any possible way after its gain. (Congratulations... you just learned how to filter out the distortion of certain frequencies of a signal) now you have more possible stages to learn about - including those INSIDE the amplifiers internals (you know - those big things? Thats why there are millions of different amps that sound very unique in their own way - it is precisely these values which do matter. And something you are evidently in no position to comment on since it appears you have no such experience in the matter. )

Yes something possible to some small degree in Guitar Rig with the advanced parameters drop down - but its still very basic... - but that (along with many other amp modelers) only model one gain stage and is therefore just not realistic at all in the way it does and are very limited. So I dont care if the guy from Def Leppard uses it or says he uses it - these are the facts regardless who uses it or says they use it.

As for eleven, easily more realistic than guitar rig but no flexibility to edit the sound characteristics in the ways i described.

Quote:
ANYWAY,

Infiltrator, more and more you remind me of Die Leiden des jungen Werthers (The Sorrows of Young Werther) though your obsession is not another person but the meaningless idea of Honor, so perhaps Hamlet or Ajax would be a better fit.
Sorry i am not familiar with your tales of mother goose and grim.

Likely just more red-herring attempts either way.

Quote:
Yes, how on earth could an EQ be a gain stage
In the novel you wrote, your futile attempts to use soliloquy to try to manipulate my stance as to somehow meaning something which it did not mean - to no demonstrated end - has now led you to insert words in my mouth which i did not even utter. Exactly, how on earth could it be one? And where did I even say that? LOL. But unfortunately for you - your prior belief was precisely based on such nonsensical quackery as per past discussions.

But what you also fail miserably to grasp is that filters (and hence EQs) BETWEEN gain stages inside amplifiers - have a much different affect on the sound of the gain than an EQ placed before the gain stage, and far different than an EQ used whey after the fact in post. This is why i have deflated your attempts to believe eleven rack can achieve the same sound of an arrendondo style mods to amps which is simulated in the AXE FX and Axe FX 2 - which allow the alteration of those kinds of filters in BETWEEN the gain stages - something you cannot do in Eleven - or in Guitar Rig. But at least in Guitar Rig you can adjust Sag, Bias, Variac, etc... but unfortunately it sounds crappy and like one stage. In Eleven it sounds better but you can't edit it. Solution is a different box - if you are looking for those kinds of tonal differences.

This is why the rest of your reasoning is misguided and wholly amateur - right here below as quoted.

Quote:
What if the output gain of the EQ was raised.... thereby increasing the GAIN in that stage which will then slam into the amp at a higher GAIN then it would normally, thereby effecting the sound of the amp... but I guess we cant count that.
Basic powertube saturation. So that to you is advanced parameter editing? Why am i not even surprised.

(No flexible editing to power tube behavior in Eleven Rack. And to any Eleven users, did they even add a powertube bias control yet? )

Quote:
What about a distortion box in front of the amp.... would that effect the sound of the gain (the answer is yes by the way)
Wow! Thanks for the informative advice! Keep daisy chaining that Metal Zone pedal! You can now progress to the level of Spinal Tap.

Here is another one thats quite a piece of treasure - up for grabs within this laughable exhibit of yours:

Quote:
What about a compressor before the amp, or even after the amp, each place will effect gain. Why do you think some players place a compressor before an overdrive box (the compressor can make an overdrive more like a distortion effect, and with adjustments of each you can make a sort of 'custom' distortion effect, combine that with the compression, gain, of an amp and you carve out tones that were not possible before)
Absolutely beautiful! All missing the point that there are different ways to adjust dynamic response within the values of the actual circuitry within the amp to drastically alter the dynamic response of the sound much differently than one can with either a compressor before or after the amp - contrary to what you believe. This is why some amps sound tight and focused as hell without even the use of a compressor... whereas some sound very loose and not accurate at all, even if later run through an SSL 4k series in post - which unfortunately for you cannot polish your turds. So just go back to that metal zone to learn about basic tone shaping - just stick to solid state for now. Maybe one day tubes... that is if you maybe let got of all the bigotry that plagues your beliefs.

And if the flexibility is provided in the simulation then it is an added advantage to tonal editing - which in many modelers including eleven is non existent - and this is why i have once again bombarded the platform upon which your entire faulty premise rests - to the point where you can no longer stand straight, or much less stand at all.

Quote:
You are living in a world of mysticism, there is nothing magical about a Arrendondo-modded marshall, Axe FX or Eleven Rack. What you have in each is possibilities. The possibilities are in direct correlation with the available tools in each unit. (The above bold text is important to remember. Refer back to it when Infiltrator starts saying that I am saying that you can make a Herbert on channel 3 sound like a piano, or what ever inane 'example' he comes up with.)
Thanks, but at least i don't get my knowledge from gods popular in the stone age which you somewhat appeal to for your scientific data on electric guitar amp tone. Apparently you have no clue about the changes to an amps sound possible only when the internal editing between gain staging is there in addition to the power tube behavior editing. You have displayed a total lack of understanding about the way electric guitar tone can be changed in different ways. Please refer to amptone.com to start to educate yourself on the matter.

Quote:
Honor needs no defending as it does not exist except in the mind of fools. Facts, however, do matter to me. And while I know my opposition will quote mine and re-frame my arguments to suit their belief of "what they 'thought' i said" the post is very clear for all to refer to and make up their own minds.
Thanks but you have just clarified a classic for everyone. Congratulations you have very elegantly defeated yourself in style and have made my job very easy here. You are the ultimate definition of a total bigot who will cling to some belief - no matter how much in error, and will reach for the furthest fallacy to try to prove it. You need to get some help - specifically a psychiatric assessment. Such delusions you subscribe to are just not worth pursuing.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post
Thanks. Maybe your deity will perhaps reveal that to get the sound of An arrendondo-modded marshall,

To your pharoahs, fairies, and leprechauns that you appeal who have appeared to you to make you believe that you can polish a turd,
I'm not surprised you lack the cognitive abilities to understand my work of pros. You are too reactionary to ever understand the surface sarcasm and the deeper philosophical meanings underneath. But I didnt really expect much from you anyway, and you did not disappoint

Quote:
or that you can somehow make the sound of one instrument sound like a totally different instrument altogether in such uncanny ways with the use of an EQ - i say - WOW. LOL.
I never said that.
Once again you "quote mine" and re-frame an argument to suit your bias, this is philosophy 101, guess thats another class you missed.

Quote:
EQs after the fact are used to boost or cut WHAT IS ALREADY THERE - they do NOT introduce new sonic content. You are under a severe misconception about what EQs actually do.
Once again, more inability to understand the English language. No where did I say new sonic content way magically be created from an EQ alone. You seem not to understand how an EQ works. Can you not understand words like "boost" or "cut" ? Do you even know the frequency spectrum of the guitar? Not the fundamental frequency, not the spectrum after it has been transmitted through an amplifier and cab, but of the Electric guitar itself.

Quote:
Sorry i am not familiar with your tales of mother goose and grim.
Again I am not surprised you have no understanding of the classics, you are the repeat of history, mired in presuppositions and non-truths of millions that have gone before. You are a sheep, lead by the most basic of instincts.

I guess I'm the dumb one for knowing Goethe, Shakespeare, Homer, Sophocles and the like

I mean what on earth could we learn from people that lived in 450 BC like Euripides and 100BC like Cicero...... you know... except a little thing called the Constitution of the US, but why count that, its much easier to remain ignorant and believe you are a free thinker and demagog what you don't understand.

Quote:
Likely just more red-herring attempts either way.
Please expose your brain to a new phrase. You have used "red-herring" about 5 times in this thread alone. In fact your use of red-herring is in fact a red-herring. Try using "smoke screen" or "wild goose chase" You are starting to remind me of this guy.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/197037/kid...edom-of-speech

Quote:
This is why i have deflated your attempts to believe eleven rack can achieve the same sound of an arrendondo style mods to amps which is simulated in the AXE FX and Axe FX 2 - which allow the alteration of those kinds of filters in BETWEEN the gain stages - something you cannot do in Eleven - or in Guitar Rig.
Once again I request you post a clip from your nonexistent Axe FX and nonexistent modded Marshall so we may all hear the exact tone the 11R is "not able to achieve" Your assertions are meaningless without some sort of test.

Quote:
This is why the rest of your reasoning is misguided and wholly amateur
Yes, I do not have critical thinking abilities, unlike yourself who doesn't know who Euripides, or Sophocles is

Quote:
No flexible editing to power tube behavior in Eleven Rack. And to any Eleven users, did they even add a powertube bias control yet?
For someone who is wholly certain of what the 11R is not capable of, should you not already know the answer to this question? You are so certain of what the 11R can and cannot do, yet you do not own one, and you have no information on the tools of the 11R. Once again you have hitched your wagon from behind.

Quote:
and this is why i have once again bombarded the platform upon which your entire faulty premise rests - to the point where you can no longer stand straight, or much less stand at all.
Who are you trying to convince? The readers or yourself? Why is your self-esteem so low?

Quote:
Thanks, but at least i don't get my knowledge from gods popular in the stone age which you somewhat appeal to for your scientific data on electric guitar amp tone.
Again, you have become so conceded that you cannot even grasp the duality of my soliloquy. You actually think it was an honest appeal to Zeus? Wow! Now that is classic It made me laugh all through the night I didnt know there were any people left that were so dim

Quote:
Congratulations you have very elegantly defeated yourself in style and have made my job very easy here.
I didn't know they were hiring at the jerk store

Ok I adapted that from Seinfeld, but its still funny.

Quote:
Thats why there are millions of different amps that sound very unique in their own way
This requires a citation (some proof). You don't have to list all Million(s), but how about 1/10th.

Quote:
You are the ultimate definition of a total bigot who will cling to some belief - no matter how much in error, and will reach for the furthest fallacy to try to prove it. You need to get some help - specifically a psychiatric assessment. Such delusions you subscribe to are just not worth pursuing.

Yes, you are more "metal" than me. Wow, how unexpected from such a jejune character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tB0O0Dv8Ps

Please post those clips we have requested about 15 times now

If you would like to learn more about Aristotle, Homer, Sophocles, Goethe and the like, let me know, I can direct you to some great resources. Knowledge is power.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-02-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
I'm not surprised you lack the cognitive abilities to understand my work of pros. You are too reactionary to ever understand the surface sarcasm and the deeper philosophical meanings underneath. But I didnt really expect much from you anyway, and you did not disappoint
For reasons too plain for the eye to see, I have decided to not even communicate with Benoni, therefore his posts will be addressed in the third person narrative.

Benoni's appeals to such abstract philosophy is irrelevant. And In my past post I have shown how. The record speaks for itself. But I thank him anyways. (What he also doesn't realize was that I was being quite sarcastic myself when I referenced his reasoning as being revealed to him directly from the fictious deities. )

Quote:
I never said that.
Once again you "quote mine" and re-frame an argument to suit your bias, this is philosophy 101, guess thats another class you missed.
Most philosophy taught is an abstract joke with no substance. The majority of such classes do not teach critical thinking or critical reasoning skills. But that is not a discussion for this thread. I have no idea why Benoni is even bringing that crap into this, as this is an audio thread. He ought to keep these and other references in the post modernist threads where they belong. Because he seems to like the practice of make up truth out of thin air as he goes along rather than admit precise facts.

With that said, yes Benoni has repeatedly claimed in other threads that one can somehow make the sound of one instrument sound like a totally different instrument altogether in such uncanny ways with the use of an EQ because he has repeatedly claimed Eleven can be made to sound like the tones in question with such processing... but the fact is thatthe advanced amp editing parameter tools to GET those sounds are missing in Eleven. JEEEZ.... LOL!

In many threads past, Benoni has claimed that yes the Eleven R - with a little bit of EQ and post processing can be made to sound like the amps in the albums of question, and hot-rodded amps that were in question. (and just because Eleven has a modded 800 model - does not mean it is the same mod, and you cant edit the values at that level regardless - so you are stuck with that one mod).

I argued to the contrary - that post processing cannot influence the sound to the level of how sound is affected by mods. And he has not refuted this challenge. Again - because the tools within Eleven do not allow for this. At least not the last time i checked - which was in the demo section of the store. I verified this first hand. There was no advanced amp parameter editing that could allow for the modeling of certain modified amplifiers.

Otherwise why do they modify amplifiers then in the first place? Why are there millions of different amps? Why doesn't everyone in a particular style of music then just use one amp? Why do pros have their amps modded by experts who actually know the science. To Benoni - Me and the rest of these pros are nothing but fools who somehow lack the almighty post processing skills he must posses.

But in actuality the reasons are simple - because each amplifier has its own unique circuitry that sounds different from other amplifiers and can be made to sound more unique than its stock condition it came in. In the axe fx 1 or 2 even more now, you can come closer to such tones for these obvious reasons because the values of internal components can be changed. Its just in general exponentially more flexible because you can have far different schematics going for the same amp.

And then Benoni is the one claiming I can't read English. Well considering all this, he can't do that OR understand the basics about anything concerning relevant audio engineering to the topic of audio or electronic equipment or any audio produced by such things.

Quote:
Once again, more inability to understand the English language. No where did I say new sonic content way magically be created from an EQ alone.
Well if Benoni thinks adjusting EQs before or after the eleven unit can match tonal timbres which have strictly do with the inner guts of amps, then yes he certainly was saying that. This is the kind of buffoonery he has shown in countless threads already. I merely just pointed out once again my specific refutation of his past nonsense which he now wants to deny and pretend never happened. So he is not only lacking in brightness, but is also unsportsmanlike and manipulative in his engaging of dialogue.

Quote:
You seem not to understand how an EQ works. Can you not understand words like "boost" or "cut" ?
Yes. And such cuts or boosts before or after the units in questions is irrelevant to the matter of unique tonal differences of amplifiers - a severe technical error of amateurs that he has even tried to somehow use as a technical argument in this thread too. I am glad he did - for all to see. So now we can all thank Benoni for exposing his own harebrained knowledge about audio engineering basics.

Quote:
Do you even know the frequency spectrum of the guitar? Not the fundamental frequency, not the spectrum after it has been transmitted through an amplifier and cab, but of the Electric guitar itself.
That matter has barely anything to do with the discussion at hand because the signal from the instrument does not allow for editing of the tonal changes I have referred to. This character is really running dry here.

Quote:
Again I am not surprised you have no understanding of the classics, you are the repeat of history, mired in presuppositions and non-truths of millions that have gone before. You are a sheep, lead by the most basic of instincts.
Well then Benoni must be a sheep who certainly does not have the science of tone nailed in his or her repetoire. He can call me a sheep, but few sheep delve into the amp tone science I delve in with these references. As for the other many reasons why i am not a sheep as he believes - simply not relevant to this discussion.

And he must also realize that an understanding of the classics is not required to have critical reasoning skills nor an accurate baloney detection kit - a kit which he certainly does not own despite his familiarity with those characters - and either way, all he is doing is turning the work of those classics into new interpretations, pretending they have any parallel here that would refute my reasoning (which they have not been shown to have) and hence creating his own post modernist baloney. Not to mention expired before it can even be bought by the next unwitting sucker.

Quote:
I guess I'm the dumb one for knowing Goethe, Shakespeare, Homer, Sophocles and the like
Either plain dumb as a rock for misinterpreting their meanings to have any parallel to somehow addressing my arguments, either that or - the more unlikely circumstance (which I have no reason he has the cognitive ability to muster up) - to twist them around purposefully to somehow make it appear to have a parallel to refute my reasoning - by generating new meanings from those works not really existent in them.

Nothing but a game of smoke and mirrors to manipulate my stance while evading admission to his past errors. And this latter scenario is one which I have no reason to believe he had the ability to engineer, unless arrived at by accident. Because despite all his unoriginal references to things he can't think up of with his own brain - ones that he memorized from philosophy class, still, the IQ is simply not there to be able to work with them properly. But either way, these are the only two possible scenarios. But simply just not intelligent and likely misinterpreting everything.

Quote:
I mean what on earth could we learn from people that lived in 450 BC like Euripides and 100BC like Cicero...... you know... except a little thing called the Constitution of the US, but why count that, its much easier to remain ignorant and believe you are a free thinker and demagog what you don't understand.
Again, more references to material which have nothing to do with the technical discussion at hand. And none of which even had any parrallel to the discussion in any way whatsoever. Not even in any remote metaphorical sense for that matter.

Quote:
Please expose your brain to a new phrase. You have used "red-herring" about 5 times in this thread alone. In fact your use of red-herring is in fact a red-herring. Try using "smoke screen" or "wild goose chase" You are starting to remind me of this guy.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/197037/kid...edom-of-speech
I have limited my description of his fallacies to mainly saying that they are that of a red herring because its the main fallacy he has used to try to distract from what has taken place. But he has also used other laughable fallacies such as the fallacy of an Irrelevant Conclusion in which have tried to establish the truth of a proposition by offering an argument that actually provides support for an entirely different conclusion. Such as the claim that I lack any sophistication to my reasoning skills merely because I am not familiar with the literature of the classics. There are many more fallacies among these which I can go on an on about which this character has attempted - many of which I am sure he is not even aware of committing (because he lacks the capacity to be able to purposefully even use it manipulatively). So he definitely would not make a good lawyer either, nor any other pursuit that requires a sharp mind. He is a few steps behind.

Quote:
Once again I request you post a clip from your nonexistent Axe FX and nonexistent modded Marshall so we may all hear the exact tone the 11R is "not able to achieve" Your assertions are meaningless without some sort of test.
Arrendondo Modded Marshall Heard on the Fear Factory Demanufacture Record and Fear Factory Obsolete Record. Various Van Halen records too. I do not need to post anything to justify my decision to avoid the Eleven Rack for the purposes of cloning such tones. The Axe FX 1 came close, and the Axe FX 2 is designed to come even closer with the values simulated to be able to clone that mod. I will be happy to post once i come up on the waiting list - but again - not necessary to justify what rack unit is the far more wise purchase for this purpose.

Quote:
Yes, I do not have critical thinking abilities, unlike yourself who doesn't know who Euripides, or Sophocles is
There is Benoni's fallacy of an irrelevant conclusion again - which attempts to state that I don't have critical thinking abilities because I am not familiar with those classics. Rather than actually sharing with people the actual reasons why i dont have critical thinking abilities. Since he can't, he goes an tried using another fallacy - Ad Hominem attack on me by basically saying I am not cultured as to somehow make it look like I cannot critically think - another fallacy mixed with the Irrelevant Conclusion Fallacy.

This man is not a man of logic and simply does not know reason. He is nothing but a quack and a charlatan masquerading around as some seasoned guru in some mighty wise philosophy - when in all reality - he fails to grasp the fundamental basics of rational thought processes. One must not be deceived by his familiarity with the classics which have not lent any weight to his challenges and attempted misstating of my positions. Do not buy into the bizarre chicaneries of this total impostor and quack.

Quote:
For someone who is wholly certain of what the 11R is not capable of, should you not already know the answer to this question? You are so certain of what the 11R can and cannot do, yet you do not own one, and you have no information on the tools of the 11R. Once again you have hitched your wagon from behind.
He would like to think. But actually the Eleven rack was quite easy to fiddle with and get the hang of because it is very basic in its surface level amplifier editing capability. There was some great amps indeed and I found the Eleven Rack to sound quite professional for certain tones. I was just inquiring as to whether a model of a bias knob was inserted into the modeling engine in recent weeks. So B has tried but has once again failed miserably at discrediting the validity of my critiques and inquiries.

Quote:
Who are you trying to convince? The readers or yourself? Why is your self-esteem so low?
Since when does pointing out the record of a persons past discussions amount to low self esteem?

Quote:
Again, you have become so conceded that you cannot even grasp the duality of my soliloquy.
There was nothing to grasp. It was irrelevant and had no parallel. And was either used in error or had new meanings inserted to manipulate my position into meaning things which it did not even remotely mean. (Which if so - were just erroneously committed and not purposefully - since there is no concievable reason to believe that Benoni could mastermind any such manipulations - although there is reason to believe that the fuel for such foul play is loaded into this wretchedly miserable man).

Quote:
You actually think it was an honest appeal to Zeus? Wow! Now that is classic It made me laugh all through the night I didnt know there were any people left that were so dim
This character cannot think on multiple levels - and actually he is the one who doesn't realize was that I was being quite sarcastic myself when I referenced his reasoning as being revealed to him directly from the fictious deities as I shall show. So obviously I am not surprised if this would have made him laugh, even into the night. Now I have added seasoning atop the butter that has been added to my popcorn to observe this.

But anyways, i also made a general reference - that if one were stuck in such expired philosophies as Benoni is, he ought to be classified and stamped as being no more sophisticated than the fools that actually believed in such hilarious invisible fictions in the sky - and hence a derivative care of the exact same bong, or any fluids consumed directly from it. I rest that case.

Quote:
I didn't know they were hiring at the jerk store

Ok I adapted that from Seinfeld, but its still funny.
Spectators here should request Benoni to contrive up some original material of his for a change.

There are imitators and there are innovators. Benoni is of the former, I am of the latter - which is why he is in error with his classification of my status as that of sheep that follow. Look whos talking. And in this case - look who's flocking.

Quote:
Please post those clips we have requested about 15 times now
This is not required for a justification as to why the Axe FX is a more suitable choice for the target tone in question. There are plenty of clips available online. Benoni receives my thanks for the continued fallacies. If someone can pass that along to him I would appreciate that. I have no reason to fall to the level of addressing him directly.

Please beware - his real essence hides behind the facade of memorized tales and classical language of pased seasoned cultures - but that essence is at its core - nothing more than one reminiscent of the instincts of cavemen and their rival beasts.

Quote:
If you would like to learn more about Aristotle, Homer, Sophocles, Goethe and the like, let me know, I can direct you to some great resources. Knowledge is power.
The saying "Knowledge is power" is true only to some degree - but a study of those individuals works is not a requirement for the attainment of high end knowledge. But only a bigot or other reminiscent low level mind could refuse to admit such an absolute fact.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
For reasons too plain for the eye to see, I have decided to not even communicate with Benoni, therefore his posts will be addressed in the third person narrative.

Benoni's appeals to such abstract philosophy is irrelevant. And In my past post I have shown how. The record speaks for itself. But I thank him anyways.

Most philosophy taught is an abstract joke with no substance. The majority of such classes do not teach critical thinking or critical reasoning skills. But that is not a discussion for this thread. I have no idea why Benoni is even bringing that crap into this, as this is an audio thread. He ought to keep these and other references in the post modernist threads where they belong. Because he seems to like the practice of make up truth out of thin air as he goes along rather than admit precise facts.

With that said, yes Benoni has repeatedly claimed in other threads that one can somehow make the sound of one instrument sound like a totally different instrument altogether in such uncanny ways with the use of an EQ because he has repeatedly claimed Eleven can be made to sound like the tones in question with such processing when the advanced amp editing parameter tools to GET those sounds are missing in Eleven. JEEEZ.... LOL!

In many threads past, Benoni has claimed that yes the Eleven R - with a little bit of EQ and post processing can be made to sound like the amps in the albums of question, and hot-rodded amps that were in question. I argued to the contrary. And he has not refuted this challenge. Again - because the tools within Eleven do not allow for this. At least not the last time i checked - which was in the demo section of the store. I verified this first hand. There was no advanced amp parameter editing that could allow for the modeling of certain modified amplifiers. Otherwise why do they modify amplifiers then in the first place? Why are there millions of different amps? Why doesn't everyone in a particular style of music then just use one amp? Why do pros have their amps modded by experts who actually know the science. To Benoni - Me and the rest of these pros are nothing but buffoons.

But in actuality the reasons are simple - because each amplifier has its own unique circuitry that sounds different from other amplifiers and can be made to sound more unique than its stock condition it came in. In the axe fx 1 or 2 even more now, you can come closer to such tones for these obvious reasons because the values of internal components can be changed. Its just in general exponentially more flexible because you can have far different schematics going for the same amp.

And then Benoni is the one claiming I can't read English. Well considering all this, he can't do that OR understand the basics about anything concerning relevant audio engineering to the topic of audio or electronic equipment or any audio produced by such things.

Well if Benoni thinks adjusting EQs before or after the eleven unit can match tonal timbres which have strictly do with the inner guts of amps, then yes he certainly was saying that. Which he has shown in countless threads already. I merely just pointed out once again my specific refutation of his past nonsense which he now wants to deny.

Yes. And such cuts or boosts before or after the units in questions is irrelevant to the matter of unique tonal differences of amplifiers - as he has even tried to somehow use as a technical argument in this thread too. I am glad he did - for all to see. So now we can all thank Benoni for exposing his own self-imploding premise for what it is - nothing but gibberish.

That matter has barely anything to do with the discussion at hand because the signal from the instrument does not allow for editing of the tonal changes I have referred to. This character is really running dry here.

Well then Benoni must be a sheep who certainly does not have the science of tone nailed in his or her repetoire. He can call me a sheep, but few sheep delve into the amp tone science I delve in with these references. As for the other many reasons why i am not a sheep as he believes - simply not relevant to this discussion.

And he must also realize that an understanding of the classics is not required to have critical reasoning skills nor an accurate baloney detection kit - a kit which he certainly does not own despite his familiarity with those characters - and either way, all he is doing is turning the work of those classics into new interpretations, pretending they have any parallel here that would refute my reasoning (which they have not been shown to have) and hence creating his own post modernist baloney. Not to mention expired before it can even be bought by the next unwitting sucker.

Either plain dumb as a rock for misinterpreting their meanings to have any parallel to somehow addressing my arguments, either that or - the more unlikely circumstance (which I have no reason he has the cognitive ability to muster up) - to twist them around purposefully to somehow make it appear to refute my reasoning - which is nothing but a game of smoke and mirrors to manipulate my stance while evading admission to his past error. And this latter scenario is one which I have no reason to believe he had the ability to engineer. Because despite all his unoriginal references to things he can't think up of with his own brain - ones that he memorized verbatim from philosophy class, still, the IQ is simply not there to be able to contrive up the latter. But either way, these are the only two possible scenarios.

Again, more references to material which have nothing to do with the technical discussion at hand. And none of which even had any parrallel to the discussion in any way whatsoever. Not even in any remote metaphorical sense for that matter.

I have limited my description of his fallacies to that of a red herring because its the main fallacy he has used tro try to distract from what has taken place. But he has also used other laughable fallacies such as the fallacy of an Irrelevant Conclusion in which have tried to establish the truth of a proposition by offering an argument that actually provides support for an entirely different conclusion. Such as the claim that I lack any sophistication to my reasoning skills merely because I am not familiar with the literature of the classics. There are many more fallacies among these which I can go on an on about which this character has attempted - many of which I am sure he is not even aware of committing (because he lacks the capacity to be able to purposefully even use it manipulatively). So he definetly would not make a good lawyer either.

Arrendondo Modded Marshall Heard on the Fear Factory Demanufacture Record and Fear Factory Obsolete Record. Various Van Halen records too. I do not need to post anything to justify my decision to avoid the Eleven Rack for the purposes of cloning such tones. The Axe FX 1 came close, and the Axe FX 2 is designed to come even closer with the values simulated to be able to clone that mod. I will be happy to post once i come up on the waiting list - but again - not necessary to justify what rack unit is the far more wise purchase for this purpose.

There is Benoni's fallacy of an irrelevant conclusion again - which attempts to state that I don't have critical thinking abilities because I am not familiar with those classics. Rather than actually sharing with people why i dont have critical thinking abilities.

He would like to think. But actually the Eleven rack was quite easy to fiddle with and get the hang of after learning a beast like the Axe FX. There was some great amps indeed and I found the Eleven Rack to sound quite professional for certain tones. I was just inquiring as to whether a model of a bias knob was inserted into the modeling engine in recent weeks.

Since when does pointing out the record of a persons past discussions amount to low self esteem?

There was nothing to grasp. It was irrelevant and had no parallel. And was either used in error or had new meanings inserted to manipulate my position into meaning things which it did not even remotely mean.

This character cannot think on multiple levels. I am not surprised if this would have made him laugh, as the toons in his tales made such appeals. Naturally, if one were stuck in such expired philosophies, he is to be looked at as being no more sophisticated than the fools that actually believed in such hilarious invisible fictions in the sky - and hence being derived from the same crack pipe.

Try to make something original up for a change. There are imitators and there are imitators. Benoni is of the former, I am of the latter - which is why he is in error with his classification of my status as following sheep. Look whos talking.

This is not required for a justification as to why the Axe FX is a more suitable choice for the target tone in question. There are plenty of clips available online. Thanks for the fallacies.

The saying "Knowledge is power" is true only to some degree - but a study of those individuals works is not a requirement for the attainment of high end knowledge. But only a bigot or other low level mind could refuse to admit such a thing.

Quote:
There are imitators and there are imitators. Benoni is of the former, I am of the latter
I love it! I think you meant Imitators and INNOVATORS, but I love the hubris

How about some samples of your innovation?

How are you an innovator by wanting an Axe-FX2 so you can copy exact tones?

See folks, this is the tactic of a loser. Twist, re-frame, take out of context, partially quote ect.... to fit your preconceived bias.
Anytime proof is asked for, the opponent says its "not required" or that its a "red-herring" because they know that they cannot produce proof, but pride, hubris, and really ignorance will not allow them to remove the blinders and be objective.

I would love to respond to your troglodyte-like response, but it has become clear you cannot understand what I am saying, your bias is too large to let your brain read the actual words I used, instead you just infer your own meaning. You cannot debate someone who constantly twists your words and facts. It is a useless venture.

Quote:
I do not need to post anything to justify my decision to avoid the Eleven Rack for the purposes of cloning such tones.
Doesn't that just say it all

Sorry Infy, but thats 2 for me and 0 for you. Better luck next time.

Have a Nice Day.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-02-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Have a Nice Day.
Thanks, I will. Unless you would like to continue sharing your brilliance. Actually, I will have a nice one even then too! In fact I'll have an even better one!

At least learn how to quote something properly and accurately when the other person has finished taking the time to thoroughly reply to each point. Ever heard of proper netiquette? Apparently not. Maybe you ought to start showing some sportsmanlike conduct.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
I love it! I think you meant Imitators and INNOVATORS, but I love the hubris
Well No DUUHHH! Quote something updated, or update your quotes practice if you are going to then comment on it after the fact.

Quote:
How about some samples of your innovation?

How are you an innovator by wanting an Axe-FX2 so you can copy exact tones?
All the greats first tried cloning their favorites as a reference. Tweaks are then made to generate unique signature tones. But nice try there sherlock.

Benoni clearly is not going to succeed in any endeavor requiring a sharp mind.
Quote:
See folks, this is the tactic of a loser. Twist, re-frame, take out of context, partially quote ect.... to fit your preconceived bias.
Huh? Where? LOL. More claims... nothing to support them. Therefore they are meaningless claims of gibberish.

Quote:
Anytime proof is asked for, the opponent says its "not required" or that its a "red-herring" because they know that they cannot produce proof, but pride, hubris, and really ignorance will not allow them to remove the blinders and be objective.
Ahhh... asking to prove a negative. The fallacy of an argument from ignorance. Also What Benoni is in fact doing here is avoiding a response to the actual subject matter at hand by now attempting to say my claims to his red herrings are an attempt to avoid proving something. But again, the burden of proof is not on me to prove a negative that the Eleven is not the right tool for me. Classic twisting right there. He attempts this rather than actually responding to the actual arguments. This shady logic of his does not stand up when the light of truth is cast upon it.

Quote:
I would love to respond to your troglodyte-like response, but it has become clear you cannot understand what I am saying, your bias is too large to let your brain read the actual words I used, instead you just infer your own meaning. You cannot debate someone who constantly twists your words and facts.
Benoni claims it but once again fail to back it up - thereby rendering such claims empty and unsupported once again.

Quote:

Doesn't that just say it all
Nice try, but not exactly - It merely just assures that I do not need to prove a negative in order to avoid something. A lack of sub-tools within the tools are enough for me to have been justified.

Quote:
Sorry Infy, but thats 2 for me and 0 for you. Better luck next time.
Actually Benoni is not even on the scoreboard, and on the other hand i have racked up a handful of points refuting his arguments, then he claims I write unsophisticated responses, that I do not allow yhim to understand what i am saying as a result (but hes merely just avoiding a response to such refutations which are rather clear); that I have a bias too large to let my brain read the actual words he used - be he does not state where and how exactly i have done that.... and claims that I instead just infer my own meanings nto things - when he can't even show where that occured and can't even refute how I have validly classified his arguments as irrelevant and as fallacies (because I actually backed them up) - nor does he explain why or how my response is not relevant... he just make attacks with nothing to support them.

He then also opt out by somehow pretending he cannot debate someone who constantly twists his words and facts - when in reality he hasen't even shown where I have even twisted any of those words. So therefore his words cannot be facts - but are nothing but constant fraudulent metaphors, deceptive reasoning, and evasion, foul confusion, and sewer-bound logic.

Quote:
Have a Nice Day.
Its made even nice after tallying up the results of this discussion quite decisively showing that your tally adds up to nothing but a round bagel.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Well No DUUHHH! Quote something updated, or update your quotes practice if you are going to then comment on it after the fact.

All the greats first tried cloning their favorites as a reference. Tweaks are then made to generate unique signature tones. But nice try there sherlock.

Benoni clearly is not going to succeed in any endeavor requiring a sharp mind.

Huh? Where? LOL. More claims... nothing to support them. Therefore they are meaningless claims of gibberish.

Ahhh... asking to prove a negative. The fallacy of an argument from ignorance. Also What Benoni is in fact doing here is avoiding a response to the actual subject matter at hand by now attempting to say my claims to his red herrings are an attempt to avoid proving something. But again, the burden of proof is not on me to prove a negative that the Eleven is not the right tool for me. Classic twisting right there. He attempts this rather than actually responding to the actual arguments. This shady logic of his does not stand up when the light of truth is cast upon it.

Benoni claims it but once again fail to back it up - thereby rendering such claims empty and unsupported once again.

Nice try, but not exactly - It merely just assures that I do not need to prove a negative in order to avoid something. A lack of sub-tools within the tools are enough for me to have been justified.

Actually Benoni is not even on the scoreboard, and on the other hand i have racked up a handful of points refuting his arguments, then he claims I write unsophisticated responses, that I do not allow yhim to understand what i am saying as a result (but hes merely just avoiding a response to such refutations which are rather clear); that I have a bias too large to let my brain read the actual words he used - be he does not state where and how exactly i have done that.... and claims that I instead just infer my own meanings nto things - when he can't even show where that occured and can't even refute how I have validly classified his arguments as irrelevant and as fallacies (because I actually backed them up) - nor does he explain why or how my response is not relevant... he just make attacks with nothing to support them.

He then also opt out by somehow pretending he cannot debate someone who constantly twists his words and facts - when in reality he hasen't even shown where I have even twisted any of those words. So therefore his words cannot be facts - but are nothing but constant fraudulent metaphors, deceptive reasoning, and evasion, foul confusion, and sewer-bound logic.

Its made even nice after tallying up the results of this discussion quite decisively showing that your tally adds up to nothing but a round bagel.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-03-2011, 07:55 PM

Default Re: ERXP firmware update requirements, etc.

Probably about time the moderator's kill this thread.

As usual the infiltrator has once again run around in circles chomping at his ass, a fine spectacle to begin with but watching him catch up to his ass and eat S#!t isn't very pleasant to watch.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 09-04-2011, 08:03 AM

Default Re: ERXP firmware update requirements, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post

As usual the infiltrator has once again run around in circles chomping at his ass, a fine spectacle to begin with but watching him catch up to his ass and eat S#!t isn't very pleasant to watch.
Oh i see. If thats what you want to call it, and if thats how your mind perceives it. (as a result I would definetly not want to ever take a look at your online search history).

Once again, similar to the practices and fallacies of your friend - you make claims - such as me running around in circles with my comments - but nothing to support the claim, and no examples given of where i did this, or why that is the case. So once again, I must say - Nice try there!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
You can pretend all you want that what I responded with is incoherent. But you have nothing in your arsenal of whack reasoning to actually address the claims I made. I guess you have run out of fallacies.