Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2016, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Interested in C 24. Have a bunch of novice questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Did you buy all this stuff together somewhere without having any DAW/recording experience? You will not be the first person who mistakingly purchased a c|24 thinking they were buying a recording console/interface.

The c|24 is not an audio interface. You do not *need* it for anything. This is just way harder than it should be. You cannot just look at a example wiring diagram and blindly connect stuff up, you need to have a goal in your mind of what you are trying to achieve and then work out what if anything needs to be connected how. That you are asking yet again how to connect stuff before answering questions about what you are actually trying to do/achieve just shows this is not going to work. For now I would turn the c|24 off and put it in the corner. Work out how to use the interface you have, with the preamps and instruments you have. Connected directly to the monitors you have. No c|24 involved. Once you are working with that in Pro Tools then connect the c|24 (Ethernet only) and work out how to use that as a Pro Tools control surface. You eventually will work out for yourself if you want to use its monitor controller or preamps or not (I would never bother).

DUC is not a forum where folks can help provide deep training/education and it looks like you are really struggling trying to work out what you want to do or why, as much as to actually do stuff. As already mentioned there are many good books and tutorials on audio recording and DAWS and you probably need to start there. Or consider hiring somebody to help you work out what equipment you need for what you are trying to do and then how to best set that up. And be prepared to be told you may have not made the best purchase decisions. This may be especially true for things like the monitor controller, I would be asking what expectations you have there and it is possible you would need an outboard controller anyhow to do subwoofer integration/management.
thank you much! I will do more research
Old 01-11-2016, 07:41 PM

Default Re: how u would connect these four components to the c/24's back panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3 View Post
You should look at some youtube videos of protools systems and control surfaces. You have a signal flow misunderstanding and it is easily learned on your own.
great, thank you so much!!!
Old 01-12-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeymanz View Post
hahaha! in all fairness to the dealer, he simply sold me what I asked for. I think i'll put the cables around my own neck!!! you have given me exactly what I was asking for, A PATH! I believe I have all the cables I need, i'll connect accordingly and see what I can accomplish, thanks a mill$$$
HI, it is all connected just as you stated and the mics/instruments are all working thru their pre's and compressors!!! we are now fine tuning to try to get the best sound with our gear setup. So all is working properly and we're enjoying this super expensive mouse (c/24) and monitor controls. Thank you so much for simply answering my questions, that's all I needed at the time. take care!!!!!
Old 01-12-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Did you buy all this stuff together somewhere without having any DAW/recording experience? You will not be the first person who mistakingly purchased a c|24 thinking they were buying a recording console/interface.

The c|24 is not an audio interface. You do not *need* it for anything. This is just way harder than it should be. You cannot just look at a example wiring diagram and blindly connect stuff up, you need to have a goal in your mind of what you are trying to achieve and then work out what if anything needs to be connected how. That you are asking yet again how to connect stuff before answering questions about what you are actually trying to do/achieve just shows this is not going to work. For now I would turn the c|24 off and put it in the corner. Work out how to use the interface you have, with the preamps and instruments you have. Connected directly to the monitors you have. No c|24 involved. Once you are working with that in Pro Tools then connect the c|24 (Ethernet only) and work out how to use that as a Pro Tools control surface. You eventually will work out for yourself if you want to use its monitor controller or preamps or not (I would never bother).

DUC is not a forum where folks can help provide deep training/education and it looks like you are really struggling trying to work out what you want to do or why, as much as to actually do stuff. As already mentioned there are many good books and tutorials on audio recording and DAWS and you probably need to start there. Or consider hiring somebody to help you work out what equipment you need for what you are trying to do and then how to best set that up. And be prepared to be told you may have not made the best purchase decisions. This may be especially true for things like the monitor controller, I would be asking what expectations you have there and it is possible you would need an outboard controller anyhow to do subwoofer integration/management.
hi, all is up and running,making some adjustments here and there as I go along. the monitoring system works fine for what I'm doing and the control surface is a major relief and strain from that little mouse. I'm having a ball, thanks for all your help!
Old 01-12-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
great, thank you so much!!!
hey, the youtube tip was very informative and I learned quite a bit! I will continue to refer to it as I go along. my system is up and running and I'm enjoying learning all this stuff, thanks again!!!
Old 01-12-2016, 11:15 PM

Quote:
HI, it is all connected just as you stated and the mics/instruments are all working thru their pre's and compressors!!! we are now fine tuning to try to get the best sound with our gear setup. So all is working properly and we're enjoying this super expensive mouse (c/24) and monitor controls. Thank you so much for simply answering my questions, that's all I needed at the time. take care!!!!!
Glad that it all worked out for you. I have been using the C/24 for about 5 years now and it really speeds my workflow up. Using the modifier keys in the lower left hand corner, instead of the keyboard for 'control' ,'command' and 'option' keys, gets shortcuts done without the mouse and keyboard, as pressing the button thats needed acts as the mouse pointer

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 03-08-2016, 07:24 AM

Can you please share the details of the interfaces of the all of your Instruments?
What are the specifications for the DB-25?
What type of cable will be suitable for this interface?
Also where does this interface can be connected?

printed circuit board assemblies

Last edited by JimmyDavies; 03-10-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDavies View Post
Can you please share the details of the interfaces of the all of your Instruments?
Which one of us are you asking Jimmy?

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 03-09-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDavies View Post
Huh what are you asking about and why? Why are you posting on somebody else's thread? Unless it's specifically related then how about starting your own new thread. And starting clearly what setup you have and the exact problem you are trying to solve. That should help get you the best help on DUC.

C|24 DB-25 connector pin wiring is described in the C|24 User Guide, and fairly standard differential mic/line level audio stuff over a DB-25 connector. What more do you need to know about the DB-25? Most folks will buy those cables pre-made from Avid or numerous other vendors.