Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2009, 01:53 PM

Default Loop Crash...

OK, I'm having a very weird recurring crash in ProTools 8, looking for any advice anyone can offer. Also just curious if anyone has seen this.

At some point while working, I'll get the spinning beach ball, and the audio that was playing in PT will just loop, maybe 2 or 3 seconds worth of audio will just keep playing for a few loops, and then ProTools crashes.

I haven't the faintest idea how to decipher the ProTools crash report to see if there are any hints in there. But has anyone else seen this? and if I try to just restart ProTools, it sometimes causes a kernel panic.

Here's my setup:

Mac Pro 2.8 gHz 8-Core
Magme PE6R4 expansion chassis
10 gigs of ram (all passes tests)
I'm finding it for sure happening with Line 6 Pod Farm, but it also happened a few other times.

Can anyone here actually make SENSE of a crash report that would mind taking a look at it and see if there are any hints? I have tons of plugins, but was very careful to make sure all were the latest versions. I suppose it could still be a plugin that's out of whack, but man, this one is driving me NUTS.

The other potential culprit is Automap 3.0 software that's running on my Novation Sub Zero remote. But if I don't have to start uninstalling everything to find it, would be great. So looking for ideas...
Old 03-12-2009, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Loop Crash...

Welcome to the club...

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=235076
Old 03-12-2009, 08:39 PM

Wow, OK, at least good to know I'm not alone! :) Will move over to that thread and start adding to the discussion there.

It's a real bummer, it's the only flaw in my new system, such a drag!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:20 PM

sorry to butt in here guys but, are any of you using native instrument product?
Old 03-12-2009, 09:23 PM

I own Kontakt 3, but I have moved it to my unused folder because it was so unstable. So not sure if that could be causing it, it doesn't sound like it.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:00 PM

Angry Re: Loop Crash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
The other potential culprit is Automap 3.0 software that's running on my Novation Sub Zero remote. But if I don't have to start uninstalling everything to find it, would be great. So looking for ideas...
You know I can tell you for a fact that Automap 3 is killing my system on a regular basis with the same spinning ball starting many crashes a day.
I am so desperate to use my Remote ZeroSL but have had to disconnect it and unwrap all of my plug ins just to be able to mix for longer than 10 minutes without a crash.