Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2001, 08:30 PM

Default Mixing to HD video tape for theatrical showing

I'm being asked by a filmmaker to provide a mix for festival presention that will be shown via High Definition video projection. Has anyone printed an Lt/Rt mix to HD tape for theatrical presentation at a major festival? Did you have to use SR to accomodate the theater's decoder? Did you have to call in Dolby to use the same hardware you would use to make a print master? Could you use the Dolby 4:2:4 ProTools plug-in? It seems that I recall that the reason Dolby doesn't approve of the plug-in OR the SEU-4 hardware for theatrical encoding was because they don't compensate for the limitations of the optical track the way the dedicated hardware does. Of course, with an HD tape, optical limitations are not a concern. Ideas?

j mcd