Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2008, 08:09 AM

Default Startup time is slow

I've upgraded to a new Mac Pro (quad 2.8) with 6GB of Ram running 10.5.4 and Pro Tools 7.4.2 and it takes several minutes to start PTs everyday. At least 5 minuets. I am running waves plugins but I've got the most recent of everything and I've unchecked the "use TDM" box which is supposed to help with the load time but I'm still having problems. I doesn't seem to be the waves plug-ins because everything seems slow. It loads waveshell and moves on and everything takes a really long time. I've tried trashing prefs and that doesn't seem to help either. I can't have this take so long! Any suggestions?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:17 AM

I have a similar setup on 003 with loads of RTAS and wrapped VST plugin including Waves Platinum ver 6.0 and Pro Tools loads almost instantly!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Nomad View Post
I have a similar setup on 003 with loads of RTAS and wrapped VST plugin including Waves Platinum ver 6.0 and Pro Tools loads almost instantly!
Tons of plug-ins, including Waves Diamond 6.0 bundle. One system is on an Intel machine running 10.5.4 with PT 7.4.2 using the micro, the other a first gen G5 running 10.4.11 with an 002R.

Loading times are as fast as I have ever seen on either system.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:54 AM

Default Re: Startup time is slow

We're having the same slow start problem after upgrading to 7.42 on macpro quad core hd system w/ icon. Did you ever resolve the slow startup problem. We found that the initial pt start was ok but once a session was opened, any restart of pt took 6 minutes! A restart of the computer is the only way to restart pt quickly.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Avid

If you remove all plug-ins from the plug-ins folder other than Stereo Mixer, do the load times shorten significantly?
Old 12-13-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
If you remove all plug-ins from the plug-ins folder other than Stereo Mixer, do the load times shorten significantly?

I have been having this same problem , only that I have always been having this problem. I just started using Pro Tools when version 7.4 released so I am unsure if the problem existed before that time. Uninstalling the waves plugins, or deleting them from the plugin folder does allow to Pro Tools to load very quickly. PT locks up when loading the waveshell files, for me starting with WaveShell-DAE 5.0.3.

I am running Pro Tools 7.4 cs 7 under windows vista ultimate sp1 32bit.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Cutta View Post
I have been having this same problem , only that I have always been having this problem. I just started using Pro Tools when version 7.4 released so I am unsure if the problem existed before that time. Uninstalling the waves plugins, or deleting them from the plugin folder does allow to Pro Tools to load very quickly. PT locks up when loading the waveshell files, for me starting with WaveShell-DAE 5.0.3.

I am running Pro Tools 7.4 cs 7 under windows vista ultimate sp1 32bit.
You should try trashing all Waveshells and the Waves folder, then download and install the latest versions that you're eligible for.