Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2013, 07:11 PM

Default Low Latency Monitoring no longer working...

Hi everybody,

I'm having some issues with my Eleven Rack that are very puzzling. Essentially, I can't get low latency monitoring to work, no matter what I do. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Pro Tools (running 10.3.7). I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Eleven Rack Drivers. I've tried 3 different USB cables. I've restarted and reset my computer multiple times. Nothing...I get latency no matter what I do (and yes, Low Latency Monitoring is turned on).

It's also regularly not connecting to my computer when I boot. I always plug in the USB and turn on the Eleven Rack while the computer is off, then boot the computer. About 50% of the time now, Avid Eleven Rack doesn't show up as an interface in both System Preferences and Pro Tools.

I'm starting to think my unit might actually be defective. I bought it from Sweetwater under 2 years ago, so it should still be under warranty, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything before I went that route.

I'm wondering if I should somehow reset the Eleven Rack itself, but I know that I have the expansion pack - if I reset, won't that delete the expansion pack?

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Low Latency Monitoring no longer working...

Do you get any latency when playing in standalone?

What OS?

Did you reset your IO?

Have you tried creating a couple new sessions and using different sample rates just to check?

Do you have a super long buffer or anything? Are other programs running at the same time as Pro Tools?

You can reset your Eleven Rack, just backup your presets first if you want to keep them. You won't erase your ERXP aka Firmware 2.0.1

Don't believe me, well, you can watch me reset my 11R 3 different ways in these videos:

Eleven Rack Factory Reset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk5mzKoPOIw

Eleven Rack Manual/Hard Reset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXTW5_A2C64

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-01-2013, 08:11 PM

Thanks for the response Benoni.

I'm on OS X 10.8.5.

Yes, I've tried resetting my I/O, using various templates, default, stereo mix, everything.

I've tried making multiple sessions on multiple hard drives.

I'm using a 1024 samples buffer, but the buffer size shouldn't affect anything if Low Latency Monitoring is working.

Nope, just Pro Tools.

I'll give a reset a shot next, hopefully that will do it. I've never reset my 11R before, probably should've done that before posting...fingers crossed. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:02 PM

Is the Eleven Rack your interface or are you using Aggregate?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-02-2013, 12:01 PM

Well, I figured out the problem! It was a simple bussing issue. I had my audio tracks routed to a Master that I created (just an Aux track) and I guess PT doesn't allow low latency monitoring on the 11R if this the case. Too bad...do you know if this is the case with PT 11? I'd love to be able to have all my submixes routed while tracking. I always track with submixes in studios and have never found it to be an issue.

Thanks for the help!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanstewartguitar View Post
Well, I figured out the problem! It was a simple bussing issue. I had my audio tracks routed to a Master that I created (just an Aux track) and I guess PT doesn't allow low latency monitoring on the 11R if this the case. Too bad...do you know if this is the case with PT 11? I'd love to be able to have all my submixes routed while tracking. I always track with submixes in studios and have never found it to be an issue.

Thanks for the help!
Sorry to bring this thread back, but is there any workaround for this issue?

I have Eleven Rack and Pro Tools 10 (Mac Book Pro late 2011, 13", OS X 10.8.5, 8GB RAM, external FW 800 7200 RPM drive), and have latency when try to record to a track which is routed to an aux track (guitars bus). If I route the armed track to output, get no latency.

Thanks,
Old 06-16-2014, 10:55 AM

As far as I understand it, no, there is not a way to monitor a track with low latency unless it is routed directly to an output.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJSAudio View Post
As far as I understand it, no, there is not a way to monitor a track with low latency unless it is routed directly to an output.
Thanks! I asked because I'd like to have a template for recording, with busses all set up. It seems I'll have to do it without busses routed until it's time to mix the song.