Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2020, 04:24 AM

Default You do not have permission to post message

I know people have complained in the past about getting the dreaded 'you do not have permission to post' error message. It's happening more and more it seems, especially if one tries to quote a message in one's reply to said message. I'm getting bit by it at least twice a day since December started.

I like quoting a message in my replies so everyone knows exactly what I'm replying to as people sometimes edit messages which is their right. What I end up doing is to hit the reply button and make my reply in an empty window. A messy remedy which I haven't used is the old 'in your message you wrote' and then do a copy/paste of the message I'm replying to in an empty reply window.

QAPLA!
Old 12-25-2020, 07:59 AM

Default Re: You do not have permission to post message

This has been hitting me a ton lately. The only thing that I can figure out is; the shorter my reply, the more likely it will go thru. The longer, the more I get shut out. Already asked the mods about this and was not able to get much of an answer

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-25-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
This has been hitting me a ton lately. The only thing that I can figure out is; the shorter my reply, the more likely it will go thru. The longer, the more I get shut out. Already asked the mods about this and was not able to get much of an answer
For me it size doesn't matter. I can be long-winded or paying attention to the phrase 'brevity is the soul of wit' and I'll get the error message.

QAPLA!
Old 12-25-2020, 09:51 AM

We did answer and the answer from Avid is that the webhost has issues and they have reported them and thats all we can do. The rest is up to the forum host and fixing it might be harder than we think. Only a very few have this post problem and as far as I seen t is very ramdom aswell. I have had it happen too and doesn’t matter if the reply is long or short, if the forum is avry it will throw an error even with a 1 word reply.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-25-2020, 12:14 PM

Related gripe: ain’t nothin’ like creating & posting an epistle, to watch it disappear!

My workaround:
Since things became a tad “iffy in the ether”, I’ve been making a copy of my Post, before I hit the “Submit Reply” button.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 12-25-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
We did answer and the answer from Avid is that the webhost has issues and they have reported them and thats all we can do. The rest is up to the forum host and fixing it might be harder than we think. Only a very few have this post problem and as far as I seen t is very ramdom aswell. I have had it happen too and doesn’t matter if the reply is long or short, if the forum is avry it will throw an error even with a 1 word reply.
Only a very few have this problem - not so sure about that. It may seem like that because probably those affected don't think Avid will do anything about it. Or people don't mention it for whatever reason known to them. Thing is it's getting worse. I hadn't had the issue for a while and then this month it's been getting worse. Like every other day for me.

Maybe Avid should change forum hosts?

Merry Christmas
Feliz Navidad

PS: Got Judy Collins's Christmas at the Biltmore CD on. One of the clearest voices EVER.
PPS: Also played Clapton's Christmas CD and he did a version of Jingle Bells in memory of Avicii - nice!

QAPLA!
Old 12-25-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Related gripe: ain’t nothin’ like creating & posting an epistle, to watch it disappear!

My workaround:
Since things became a tad “iffy in the ether”, I’ve been making a copy of my Post, before I hit the “Submit Reply” button.
Just started doing that today. I know that some create posts in a word processor and then copy/paste into the DUC.

QAPLA!
Old 12-25-2020, 12:39 PM

Just checking but has anyone tried clearing browser cache and cookies and then see if this issue continues after logging back in?

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 12-25-2020, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
Just checking but has anyone tried clearing browser cache and cookies and then see if this issue continues after logging back in?
Been there/done that/doesn't help. Nor does browser choice. It's a crapshoot.

QAPLA!
Old 12-25-2020, 01:01 PM

Crapshoot is right. Sometimes, my message gets denied to a thread where I already have previous posts

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave