Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 09-20-2006, 05:21 AM

Default Midi interface for PT hd2 acell

Please help if you can. I have just ordered a protools hd2 acell and a 192 i/o and logic 7.2 with a mac pro quad. i have totaly blown my budget but still need a midi interface for protools hd and logic. i see that the Digidesign midi i/o is £450 sterling but is there another cheaper interface that is compatible with the protools hd. also what do i need to get logic to run through protools hd cards. any help would be much appreciated. Please note i am a novice to protools as i have always used logic and cubase but have played with the LE version of a 001. so simple instructions please with regard logic to protools hd cards. Thankyou in advance for your help
Old 09-20-2006, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Midi interface for PT hd2 acell

Hey,

MOTU has some pretty good interfaces that are reasonably priced. If you look around, you can probably find a used MOTU Midi Timepiece AV USB, which is what I have, and I like it. Also, I used Logic for years, but I finally switched over to PT for EVERYTHING when version 7.1 came out. I have the HD3 Accel system on a G5 dual 2.7 w/ 6gb of RAM, and all the nice lil RTAS synths work extremely well, and in multiple instances. I find myself using my outboard synths and samplers.... um, rarely!! With the Quad, you should get a lot of horsepower out of that thing for RTAS instruments!! Not to mention, you should be getting a copy of the Access Virus Indigo TDM in your HD2 Pack, and Xpand! should be included somewhere. If you stay the Logic route, though, you are already set for using PT hardware with Logic. You just need to set your hardware preferences to the digidesign i/o(I forget the specifics, but it's not difficult to find). And Logic Pro also comes with ESB TDM and EXS24 TDM(I paid for mine as seperate plug-ins a few years ago, but now it's all included, D'OH!!). There should be a whole manual dedicated to Logic TDM in the Logic Pro box. If not, the Logic TDM Guide is online at the Apple site(http://www.apple.com/support/manuals/logicpro/).