Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 04-03-2018, 01:33 PM

Default Re: We need an SC48 Replacement

https://www.facebook.com/AvidLiveSou...55602473123892

I hope they just don’t change the name of the software to fit with the new style as in PT.

So small and big, 4 and 5 or 5 and 7 ?

We will see, but the one flightcase they are pushing around looks like a good size
Old 04-03-2018, 01:37 PM
Avid

Well I was going to post that link here, but you beat me to it!

[email protected]
Old 04-03-2018, 02:14 PM

Sorry, that post just got me so excited
Old 04-03-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel Noon View Post

So small and big, 4 and 5 or 5 and 7 ?

Looks like a larger surface, and maybe a smaller rack? So maybe bigger than the 32D, with a smaller rack so you can do an "S4L" with a 24D somewhere in the $50K range. Good news is we only have to wait 4 more days to find out!
Old 04-03-2018, 05:22 PM

Eagerly awaiting this announcement!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2018, 02:37 AM

This **** drives me nuts. Avid keeps updating the product line and making the investment of the S3L users worthless. If there was little to none market for the S3L now it’s gonna become a useless paperweight with faders. I honestly hope DiGiCo takes over the whole market.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvadillo View Post
This **** drives me nuts. Avid keeps updating the product line and making the investment of the S3L users worthless. If there was little to none market for the S3L now it’s gonna become a useless paperweight with faders. I honestly hope DiGiCo takes over the whole market.

Honestly I don't think it is truth what your saying. S3L-X whas promoted as an small touring rig for live or within studio. And it is updated for live use. And it is useful, it was never an intension to replace SC48 with it. It was and is an exterder on the lower part of their line. Which is totally fine. I just think it's price is to high compared to the competitors out there. I honestly hope that there will be an price drop for the S3L-X with their new contribution to their line, then it might get interested for smaller touring theater productions.

Everyone here was urging Avid to come with a new console. Because people where already moving to Digico for reasons that the old Venue line did not fullfill there wishes. Now the are just listening to the crowd. Look around it is not just Avid who released a new product line so did Digico, Yamaha, Allen & Heath. And Midas will probably release an new product line by the end of the year (pure guessing, although I truly think that)

When you buy a new console you always hope for updates, but on the other hand you bought it in the state it was. You don't buy an console in the hope it will get better. If that was the reason, the reason of buying the console seems misplaced. Not the other way around.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingthor View Post
When you buy a new console you always hope for updates, but on the other hand you bought it in the state it was. You don't buy an console in the hope it will get better. If that was the reason, the reason of buying the console seems misplaced. Not the other way around.
We can discuss that. The SD12 will be more powerfull in the future, because future upgrades. About S3L, some of the knobs and switchs are not working but can do "something" in a future if Avid wants. It is not about hardware, it's about software.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSendra View Post
We can discuss that. The SD12 will be more powerfull in the future, because future upgrades. About S3L, some of the knobs and switchs are not working but can do "something" in a future if Avid wants. It is not about hardware, it's about software.

Truth, but still you don't buy a console for something you don't know what will happen. Generally speaking the old Venue line was good in updates, except for the iPad app I guess. But the system did develop during the years in a good way. Maybe some other brands did better, but for sure there where brands who did worse.

Not only that but the SD12 is already way more powerful in I/O specs but also in macros vs Avid events. And yes Digico is one of the other brands who are really good in optimizing DSP. And the SD desk are programmed in a way that there is a lot of headroom in there DSP for future use. And I guess the E3 engine is less powerful. And that makes an S3L-x a small console with an high price tag, although not a bad one
Old 04-07-2018, 07:11 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingthor View Post
Not only that but the SD12 is already way more powerful in I/O specs but also in macros vs Avid events.
S6L 5.4+ events or pre-5.4 events?