Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2017, 06:47 PM

Default Re: S6L - my short list of wishes

Quote:
So in VENUE 5.4 you can:
1. Create an event triggered by a timecode.
2. Add changing some control as event action. As usual, you can delay a specific action by some time - useful if you need few actions to happen sequentially.
3. Specify X-Fade time for the change to make it smooth.
4. Specify X-Fade curve type to define the easing curve (see http://easings.net/ to understand what it can be)

Of course this is not a proper automation, but it allows doing much of it.
Thanks Valentyn. That would be helpful for sure.

I agree, the dream is proper automation. Automation revolutionized the recording industry. What's to stop it from bringing new levels of mix/musical achievement/inspiration to live sound?

That coupled with a streamlined workflow similar to existing Venue workflows would be very powerful.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:25 AM

Default A year later - S6L - my short list of wishes

OK, a year has gone by and software updates have provided many asked for features. Thank you! After a lot of use, here are a few ideas that would make my day easier.

1. Ability to assign parameters from plugins to the user custom CKM. Be great to have my verb time, echo repeats or whatever on a CKM.

2. Ability to assign parameters from plugins to a fader. This would be great to allow access to a parameter and use the fader to control it. This fader would need to be store-able in custom layouts.

3. Expand custom CKM knob selection to include other functions like +48 or polarity invert.

4. Soft patch local I/O between FOH and MON desks. Would be great for shout box setups. And Clearcom I/O, is it really that hard? Even if it were an add on box? It's a daily thing and possibly the only reason to pull copper with your fiber or cat these days.

5. Allow lightbar brightness and color to be stored and recalled by an event or snapshot.

6. AND FINALLY (a big one) In "Events, change view mode", allow a specific plugin to be named and include a check box for "USE CKM" . An example would be to assign a function switch to display a specific plug in and if the box is checked it would bring all knob functions to rightmost CKM module.

thanks for your ongoing support.

Work
Twin S6L's
PM-10
Profile, D-Show
3 Midas Heritage's and 5 M32's
Several other analog and digital consoles
d&b J Systems
L'Acoustics V-Dosc systems

Home: Compaq Z800
Dual XEON hexes
48G Ram