Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 11-23-2020, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Black Friday Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosx View Post
Hi,

I'm wondering if I buy a 1Year sub for pro tools on a Black Friday deal can I use it in June next year when my subscription runs out?

Thanks,
D
In the past it has worked this way - in previous years, I have done what you described. However, it is possible that Avid has changed the policy since then. Best to wait for Chris @ Southsidemusic to get back with an answer.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:57 PM

From the Avid site below the offer:

* The following 1-Year Subscription products (Paid Upfront or Paid Monthly) are eligible for the Black Friday 20% discount offer: Pro Tools, Pro Tools | Ultimate, Pro Tools for Education, Pro Tools | Ultimate for Education, Media Composer, Media Composer | Ultimate, Media Composer | Ultimate for Education, Sibelius, Sibelius | Ultimate, and Sibelius | Ultimate for Education. Subscription renewals are not eligible for this 20% off promotion. Please note that all “for education” subscriptions are available only to qualifying students and educators—academic eligibility will be verified and required to activate the software.

The 20% discount will appear in the checkout summary on shop.avid.com once the promo code BF2020 has been applied. The 20% discount will only be applicable to the first year of your 1-year subscription. The regular (non-discounted) online Avid Store price will apply upon renewal the following year. This offer is NOT applicable to the renewal of a Software Updates + Support Plan for any perpetual license. The code associated with this promotion can be used multiple times. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion (only one code can be used at a time) and is not applicable to previous purchases. Purchasing a new subscription through this offer will not renew or extend an existing subscription. This offer is available only from November 23–29, 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...
Old 11-23-2020, 02:48 PM

One interesting thing to note--Vintage King are selling the 1 year subscriptions with the same 20% discount; but it looks like they are also selling subscription renewals at the same discount:

https://vintageking.com/avid-1-year-...ewal-pro-tools

https://vintageking.com/avid-pro-too...iption-renewal

And their discounts are being sold through December 7, so that's a longer period than Avid is selling their discounts.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
From the Avid site below the offer:

* The following 1-Year Subscription products (Paid Upfront or Paid Monthly) are eligible for the Black Friday 20% discount offer: Pro Tools, Pro Tools | Ultimate, Pro Tools for Education, Pro Tools | Ultimate for Education, Media Composer, Media Composer | Ultimate, Media Composer | Ultimate for Education, Sibelius, Sibelius | Ultimate, and Sibelius | Ultimate for Education. Subscription renewals are not eligible for this 20% off promotion. Please note that all “for education” subscriptions are available only to qualifying students and educators—academic eligibility will be verified and required to activate the software.

The 20% discount will appear in the checkout summary on shop.avid.com once the promo code BF2020 has been applied. The 20% discount will only be applicable to the first year of your 1-year subscription. The regular (non-discounted) online Avid Store price will apply upon renewal the following year. This offer is NOT applicable to the renewal of a Software Updates + Support Plan for any perpetual license. The code associated with this promotion can be used multiple times. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion (only one code can be used at a time) and is not applicable to previous purchases. Purchasing a new subscription through this offer will not renew or extend an existing subscription. This offer is available only from November 23–29, 2020.

Thanks for the info.

Kinda ridiculous that long time customers don't get to avail of these promos.
It really doesn't feel good to be an Avid customer. I've been a pro tools user for 15+ years. It feel like they fxk you at every turn these past few years.
Last June I updated my subscription, and a promo was announced the next day that would have saved me a few quid. I emailed them and asked was there any leeway, of course not. That few quid has cost them years of subscriptions from me.
I get the marketing strategy, but it won't be good long term.
As a mix engineer, they don't offer anything the competition doesn't.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehaber View Post
One interesting thing to note--Vintage King are selling the 1 year subscriptions with the same 20% discount; but it looks like they are also selling subscription renewals at the same discount:

https://vintageking.com/avid-1-year-...ewal-pro-tools

https://vintageking.com/avid-pro-too...iption-renewal

And their discounts are being sold through December 7, so that's a longer period than Avid is selling their discounts.
Can this be used after December 7th though?
They really don't make it easy to understand :)
Old 11-23-2020, 03:19 PM

Every year is pretty much the same song from Avid - discounted first-taste (only) of the crack to get you hooked. Some other dealers will give you a discounted re-bump if you buy it from them.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 11-23-2020, 08:56 PM

I have renewed my perpetual plan every year at this time to get the discount. Nothing this year for us loyal customers? That's a very bad way to treat people. I think they should change this policy.

Steve
Old 11-23-2020, 10:14 PM

I'm kinda hoping Sweetwater do this again. (Have bought perpetual PTU license from them the last couple of years at this time).
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 11-24-2020, 03:10 AM

I do the same as the messages above since the existence of the renewal. But indeed this year nothing, no discount. Whether it be vintageking, sweetwater, rspe, altomusic etc

Last edited by yanos; 11-24-2020 at 03:34 AM.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:25 AM

As a longtime Ultimate perpetual license owner I have been anticipating Avid eventually dropping perpetual renewals. Why would anyone with a perpetual license ever switch over to subscription!? I have had countless of clients who got "tricked" by Avid to switch to Subscription. It is the default option when trying to renew in the Avid online shop. And for Avid, why would they want anyone to use their software (such as a lapsed perpetual license) without collecting money for it yearly/monthly.