Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2020, 07:13 AM

Default License Disappeared

I have Pro Tools Perpetual, Annual Plug-ins and Support Plan for Pro Tools, which expires on Aug 22, 2023. I checked this on my Avid account "My Products" tab.

A bit over a week ago, Pro Tools couldn't find the license which had been stored on the iLok. I brought up iLok manager, and for some reason, my Pro Tools license was in the cloud (I didn't put it there.) I moved it back to my iLok and all was well.

This morning, Pro Tools appeared to get hung up closing a file and I had to force quit. When I tried to start it again, it couldn't find the license. I brought up iLok Manager, and there is no license to be found, either on iLok, Local machine, or in the cloud.

There is certainly something going on with iLok, but I don't know what to do from here.

I checked that I'm on the current iLok Manager release. I also rebooted my Mac and tried again.

Do I need to start a support case with Avid? or one with iLok? Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by bobcharest; 12-04-2020 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:21 AM

Default Re: License Disappeared

In checking on iLok.com, It shows all my Pro Tools licenses as having been deposited on 11/16/20??? What the heck?

I've started a support case with Avid: Case Number 04059515

UPDATE: I started iLok Manager, closed the cloud session, then saw that there were Pro Tools Activations available. I activated them (Listed were Pro Tools 10, 11, 12, & Perpetual) and now I can use Pro Tools again.

I think I'd previously seen that licenses other than Perpetual were surrendered when I originally went with Perpetual. I don't see an expiration date on the iLok (I thought I'd seen the correct date previously) so I'm still a bit in the weeds.

Last edited by bobcharest; 11-18-2020 at 08:36 AM. Reason: (Mostly) Resolved Problem
Old 11-18-2020, 11:07 PM

Default Please help, Pro tools stoped working!

Pro tools won't start because of a missing license, I don't know what happened. Can someone help me, please - I have a lot of work today!

Last edited by sjs; 11-19-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:29 AM

Default Re: Please help, Pro tools stoped working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs View Post
Pro tools won't start because of a missing license, I don't know what happened. My iLok ID is "staikov" and my system ID is 50001152. Can someone help me, please - I have a lot of work today!
What does ILM say that's on your iLok?

QAPLA!
Old 11-19-2020, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
What does ILM say that's on your iLok?
What Jack means is, check the iLok License Manager application to see what's there. And if your license is missing there, you should contact Avid support.

I'm afraid you're not alone. This has been happening a lot lately, and no one seems to have an explanation. Fortunately, most people seem to have their licenses returned after a while, with or without Avid's/Pace's help. I hope it works out for you.

Have you tried to restart, log in/out on ILM and such?
Old 11-19-2020, 08:38 AM

Thank you, guys!
I checked and the licenses for my Pro tools plan and AVID Falcon are in the "Unavailable" section, again! I managed somehow to run Pro tools 12 on one machine, but this is soooo frustrating. I dropped a case on avid support, but my experience shows that it doesn't seem like I will have a chance to work normally any time soon...
Old 11-19-2020, 01:20 PM

Did you change or update any licenses recently? Maybe you updated your Pro Tools license and the ilok still has the expired license? Check what is on your iLok for Pro Tools and if there is an expired PT license, deactivate that(move it off the iLok) as that might prevent PT from running, even if there is also a current license on the iLok(the expired license prevents the current license being detected). It might also help to Re-sync the iLok. Fingers crossed

BTW, do you have the correct version license? I have seen people buy a regular PT license when they have hardware that actually requires Ultimate(formerly "HD") and remember that hardware with Digilink connections also requires a Digilink license from version 12.6 and up.

Also, I suggest you edit your first post and remove the name and number as they serve no purpose in troubleshooting.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-19-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Did you change or update any licenses recently? Maybe you updated your Pro Tools license and the ilok still has the expired license? Check what is on your iLok for Pro Tools and if there is an expired PT license, deactivate that(move it off the iLok) as that might prevent PT from running, even if there is also a current license on the iLok(the expired license prevents the current license being detected). It might also help to Re-sync the iLok. Fingers crossed

BTW, do you have the correct version license? I have seen people buy a regular PT license when they have hardware that actually requires Ultimate(formerly "HD") and remember that hardware with Digilink connections also requires a Digilink license from version 12.6 and up.

Also, I suggest you edit your first post and remove the name and number as they serve no purpose in troubleshooting.

Thank you - my pro tools plan is active and I have the latest version. No recent changes made by my side. You are right about the unnecessary confident information in my first post.

Last edited by sjs; 11-19-2020 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:10 PM

Default License Has Disappeared

And the forum is not allowing me to post my lengthy explanation!! Please respond.

http://www.weddingmusicproject.com/
http://www.weddingmusicproject.com/w...music-samples/
http://stevemillikan.com/

Old 11-22-2020, 12:10 PM

Default Re: License Has Disappeared

Upon starting PT today, I am requested to activate it - why this all of a sudden?
I click activate. It says "Select License to Activate" and also says "You don't have any licenses in your account...

In the iLok License Manager, I find PT 12 and double click. It proposes a license surrender of 12 to get a PT Perpetual Bundle with 10_11_12. When I attempt to do that it says "One or more licenses to surrender cannot be found in your account."

http://www.weddingmusicproject.com/
http://www.weddingmusicproject.com/w...music-samples/
http://stevemillikan.com/