Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-03-2006, 08:01 PM

Default Problem loading the digi and bomb factory plug ins

I just installed my Mbox 2 with Pro Tools LE 7. I installed the digi and bomb factory plug ins but when loading Pro Tools it asks for an iLok autorization key. I do not have such key so I need to "cancel" all the plug ins before opening an actual session. How can I solve this? Do I need to buy an iLok? and how do i load the authorization keys for each plug in?
Old 11-03-2006, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Problem loading the digi and bomb factory plug

This is a common misconception for new users; not all of the plugins included on the CD come "bundled" with the software. As a matter of fact, the only plugins included with the software are installed with the Pro Tools installer. All of the other plugin installers on the disk would have to have been purchased separately, and it's why it's asking you for an authorization. The installers are included on the CD for the convenience of people who already own the plugins, so they don't have to go and download the updates.

Which plugins specifically are you having problems with?

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 11-03-2006, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Problem loading the digi and bomb factory plug ins

Here's what comes with the Mbox 2:
Mbox 2 Product Section
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?itemid=4893
Click on Bundled Plug-Ins

Here's what to do about the extra software you installed that is asking for authorization:
Software & Plug-In Authorization Pop-Up Messages
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=19348
Old 11-04-2006, 09:29 PM

I´m having problems with:

D-Fi
DINR
Maxim
Smack!
SoundReplacer
SurroundScope
Synchronic

Bomb Factory BF-3A
Classic Compressors
Cosmonaut Voice
Fairchild
JoeMeek
Moogerfooger
Pultec
SansAmp
Slighlty Rude Compressor
Tel-Ray
Voce

Focusrite d2-d3
Sonic NoNOISE

If these aren´t free, which are and how can I purchase all of these and at what price?
Old 11-05-2006, 12:03 AM

http://www.avidstore.com/nl/index.cf...categoryid=109

It's not all that hard....

Bastiaan
Old 11-05-2006, 06:02 AM

Quote:
I´m having problems with:

D-Fi
DINR
Maxim
Smack!
SoundReplacer
SurroundScope
Synchronic

Bomb Factory BF-3A
Classic Compressors
Cosmonaut Voice
Fairchild
JoeMeek
Moogerfooger
Pultec
SansAmp
Slighlty Rude Compressor
Tel-Ray
Voce

Focusrite d2-d3
Sonic NoNOISE

If these aren´t free, which are and how can I purchase all of these and at what price?
None of those come stock with the software; they are all paid add ons at different price points depending on the plugin. As mentioned in the post above, you can purchase them in the Digistore (here's a better link to the plugin page ), or from any number of online dealers.

Many of them come in bundles, which would save you money. I would definitely recommend the Music Production Toolkit (available in many stores on the internet for $399 or less) as it comes with at least 3 of the plugins you listed, as well as bringing Pro Tools to 48 total tracks and adding multi-track Beat Detective and adding some VI plugins that aren't on your list.

The Producer Factory Pro bundle would give you almost all of the other ones on your list. Any others would have to be purchased separately.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12