Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Proper procedure for updating systems

I did search but couldn't find a clear answer. I'm a freelance engineer and work at several studios a week. All of my clients have HD systems running on G5 computers, with their own variety of plug-ins. The Protools versions are just a bit dated. What I would like to do is update the Protools OS's to at least the last 6.x and possibly 7.x for those who want to pay for the upgrade. What I'm concerned about is these systems were all configured by engineers before me, and I'm worried that I won't have all of the proper information or passwords to do the updates. I really don't want to update and lose plugin functionality, or the use of other software. None of the OS's are Tiger so I may just go to 6.9 for now.

All of the systems run legit plugs, and are iLok'd. I know the original packaging is around for a majority of the stuff. One system is running 6.7 currently and the other I believe is at 6.4

Any advice given will be greatly appreciated. I can provide more specific info as needed. Thanks!

Exit
Old 11-11-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Proper procedure for updating systems

No one?
Old 11-11-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Proper procedure for updating systems

take a look at the "pinned" thread right above you:

OS X/Pro Tools 6.x Setup & General Troubleshooting

i would add to that...repair disk permisions, run disk warrior on sys drive, install OS, repair permissions restart, install PT, repair permissions, restart.
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash