Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 12-22-2009, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Best foot controller for use with Eleven Rack?

Strumminsix,

Ya connected and cranked with the FC300? Was it a good marriage, did 11r like it?
Easy to use? I am looking at this one two, especially due to the expression peds.

SchweineMeister
Old 12-29-2009, 11:07 PM

can anyone look at the G-Lab GSC-2 or 3?
it seems to have what most of us are looking for. with inserts for extra pedals etc.,,,
i just can't seem to find out the price in American dollars.
any suggestions? gladly appreciate it.
may even be the better choice than the ground control.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:52 AM

Cool! that looks pretty awesome, plenty of loops etc. Have you tried contacting them directly??
I was thinking of using my G-System as a controller with the 11r as the preamp but was concerned i would lose the benefit of True Z by placing it through the Gs circuit.

Also love the idea of having everything in one box albeit Orange :)
Old 01-02-2010, 07:43 AM

no prob.i have contacted blackhawk music for a pricelist.no answere yet.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:58 AM

this guy uses his line 6 podx3 live.

Like the newer PODs, another cool thing is being able to add and remove stomp boxes and effects from the same preset or ‘patch’ as I still like to call it. This allows you to get a pretty amazing range of sounds from a single patch, simply by adding removing distortion, modulation, delay, reverb, EQ, etc. The Eleven Rack, being, well, a rack, all this of course needs to be handled by your MIDI foot controller, most guitarists lacking prehensile toes, third arms and suchlike. Incidentally, I used a MIDI cable to connect my PODX3 Live to the Eleven Rack and was afforded instant access to patch changes, FX on/off, Wah, volume – pretty much everything I needed. Nice! And for some time now I’ve believed that interoperability was a myth – especially when you have two units from different manufacturers and so on.

His name is Bruce lee mani. the guitar Dr.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:17 PM

might be slightly off-topic, but... I just turned an old cry baby into an expression pedal and ot works fine with 11r BUT when using it in a live situation I don't want to have to change patches just to engage the wah-wah (currently I'm using an ART X-11 just "bank up/down and acess to five patches per bank).
Any Ideas on how I can make the wah switchable in ANY of the presets??? (the exp-pedal is plugged to the exp jack of course). The X-11 sports no stompbox mode or so.

Thanks for your ideas.

BTW in my opinion the eleven rack sounds really amazing...I own most of the modeled amps or USED to own them ;-) and effects as well. Actually once recorded, there is absolutely NO way of telling the difference between the original and 11r. I happily mix recordings of original plexi, boogies or ac30 with 11r sounds.

Only thing the 11r should have maybe is
a Fuzz Face,
a Marshall MK II, and
a Marshall 4x12 Cabinet with 300W.

What do you think?
Old 01-03-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Marvin View Post
What do you think?
Use a real wah pedal in front of 11R (I use my old Cry Baby with Fasel coil)
Old 01-04-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchweineMeister View Post
Strumminsix,

Ya connected and cranked with the FC300? Was it a good marriage, did 11r like it?
Easy to use? I am looking at this one two, especially due to the expression peds.

SchweineMeister
Sorry for the delay, I thought I was tracking this thread.

Dude, it was easy as can be for my needs:
- 1 rig per show
- turn the on and off things in that rig

Mind you, you can change rigs too but that requires fancy footwork.

I had it programmed in 10 minutes and that was my second attempt at midi. My first was the Behringer board which took my HOURS and got NOWHERE.

The only issue with the board is that the CC #s stop at 95. Then you get a few more but they label them with Roland terms. This was okay til I wanted my FX loop!

My solve: I save my RIGS with the FX loop on and cc88 (loop's wet dry) parm 0 = no loop, parm 127 = 100% loop!
Old 01-05-2010, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachosjazz View Post
this guy uses his line 6 podx3 live.

Like the newer PODs, another cool thing is being able to add and remove stomp boxes and effects from the same preset or ‘patch’ as I still like to call it. This allows you to get a pretty amazing range of sounds from a single patch, simply by adding removing distortion, modulation, delay, reverb, EQ, etc. The Eleven Rack, being, well, a rack, all this of course needs to be handled by your MIDI foot controller, most guitarists lacking prehensile toes, third arms and suchlike. Incidentally, I used a MIDI cable to connect my PODX3 Live to the Eleven Rack and was afforded instant access to patch changes, FX on/off, Wah, volume – pretty much everything I needed. Nice! And for some time now I’ve believed that interoperability was a myth – especially when you have two units from different manufacturers and so on.

His name is Bruce lee mani. the guitar Dr.
I conversed with someone who was using a Pod XT Live as a dedicated midi controller for his Axe-FX so I decided to try mine with the 11R. So far it has worked perfectly. Both PC and CC changes are not an issue. I like the fact that the Pod display allows me to label the channels with words. While the Pod does not automatically do this, all I had to do was manually change the names. Even though everything has worked fine, I'm still considering getting another dedicated controller....more than likely a Rocktron Midi Mate.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:37 PM

I've read through this entire thread and it seems to me that most of the available devices for controlling the Eleven Rack are are a pain in the butt to deal with. I'm a simple creature and just want to be able to write and perform music. I don't want to waste endless hours trying to program some semi-dedicated generic device to control the Eleven Rack. Life is too short. Having said that, I am going to take the plunge and buy an Eleven Rack. I really hope Digidesign steps up to the plate soon and offers a controller (with at least one...two would be better...rocker pedals). I worked in contract manufacturing for ten years and suspect that there is a musical equipment contract manufacturer out there that already has the hardware sitting on the shelf; all Digidesign would have to do is configure the guts. It just occurred to me that my old Digitech GNX4 has Midi In and Midi Out/Thru connectors. Any chance that this could be made to work while Digidesign maybe comes up with their own controller?