Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2001, 10:36 AM

Default "Fixed" C24\'s on the way...

I talked w/Digi yesterday to see if the EEPROM & paint issues had been addressed & they said yeas so I'm on the list for the new & improved C24. Have any of you got one yet & are they really fixed? I'm on my second C24 so I'm hoping the 3rd is the charm...
Old 08-24-2001, 07:17 PM

Default Re: "Fixed" C24\'s on the way...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by darla:
I talked w/Digi yesterday to see if the EEPROM & paint issues had been addressed & they said yeas so I'm on the list for the new & improved C24. Have any of you got one yet & are they really fixed? I'm on my second C24 so I'm hoping the 3rd is the charm...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've heard about the paint issues... what EEPROM issues are you having? Also, did you write in an earlier message that you were having headphone problems too?

Other than that, do you have any suggestions on D-sub I/O vendors. Where did you purchase your wire?

Thanks!
OS 10.4.11
Old 08-25-2001, 10:12 AM

Allusion
The EEPROM "update" concerns the low output of the control room monitor. Technically, Digi will not call this a fix, but enough concern was raised over the padding of the output that they've decided to address it. I use one of the amps they designed that sircuit around (Hafler P7000) & the output is too low. Hence, the "update". Yes, I also have a bad headphone output on the C24 as well as one mice/line pre dead. Another anomolie is that when running the C24 in Automation, i get a very faint 1k tone that can be heard, very quietly, but anoying. 60hz on the surround outputs as well. This is my second unit, but I must say Digi has treated me royally on the phone & sent the second unit out overnight. Now I gotta wait in line for the next one but it's not a big deal. At least they are doing an advance replacement. They've treated me well, which, as a new PT user, helps put to rest some of horror stories I heard prior to buying into a rig. Anyway, Digi assured me all concerns, including the paint issues, have been resolved. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2001, 10:17 AM

AIllusion -I get all my stuff from Full Compass. Some cables I buy from MarkerTek or roll my own. I run all my synths into the line inputs but am getting ready to modify that harness so it feeds the submixer as well as individual line inputs. Sorry for all the lousy speling in tat lost poste...
Old 08-26-2001, 01:39 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by darla:
Allusion
The EEPROM "update" concerns the low output of the control room monitor. Technically, Digi will not call this a fix, but enough concern was raised over the padding of the output that they've decided to address it. I use one of the amps they designed that sircuit around (Hafler P7000) & the output is too low. Hence, the "update". Yes, I also have a bad headphone output on the C24 as well as one mice/line pre dead. Another anomolie is that when running the C24 in Automation, i get a very faint 1k tone that can be heard, very quietly, but anoying. 60hz on the surround outputs as well. This is my second unit, but I must say Digi has treated me royally on the phone & sent the second unit out overnight. Now I gotta wait in line for the next one but it's not a big deal. At least they are doing an advance replacement. They've treated me well, which, as a new PT user, helps put to rest some of horror stories I heard prior to buying into a rig. Anyway, Digi assured me all concerns, including the paint issues, have been resolved. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having buzz& hum on the mon outputs also.
Getting more with the output number 1-6. aux outs same as 1-2.
" Glad " to hear that I'm not the only one.
I read that Digi did something to it.
Hope to get a proper unit soon.
I think the buzz is leaking from the channel displays etc. and/or bad grounding within the C24. But I think maybe too "analog"

undefinedundefinedundefinedweb page
Old 09-01-2001, 12:35 AM

Darla,
I received my advanced replacement C24
a few weeks ago and I can't say enough great things about how Digi handled the situation.
The paint issue is fixed as well as the 60hz buzz issues on the outputs.
Praise the Lord!
Jeff Krebs [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2001, 04:12 PM

I got my replacement last week.
The paint "feels" very different.
If you rub it with your fingernail if feels like it has been cured properly.On my original C24 the paint felt very soft.
The monitor level is where it should be. (unity gain).
I had to remove the feet from the bottom in order to fit the C24 into the console I had built.
I had to take the bottom off to remove the feet. While inside I took a peek around.
My tech was imoressed with the Mic preamps...all discrete components, Nice!

Thanks Digidesign
Old 09-02-2001, 10:48 PM

Good news Rollerex. Looking forward to mine. Hope the 3rd is the charm...
Old 09-06-2001, 02:31 PM

Got my replacement: the paint feels smooth, the monitor section pumps and the scribble strips don't flicker anymore!

Thanks Digi

Marcello
Old 09-06-2001, 06:29 PM

Maybe you guys can help me, I have a c24 with the paint and monitor issue. I emailed tech support and they emailed me back telling me to do what it said in the thread about returning the C24. Now, I thought I did the right thing by emailing tech support???????? How did you guys go about getting your replacement C24?? I could email tech support and ask them again, but, I've already went around that circle. You know what I mean?? Anywayn any help would be appreciated.

Paul
[email protected]