Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2011, 04:47 AM

Default MBOX 2 Mini Problems.

Hi everyone.

I have 2 issues at the moment.

!. I purchased an ME box2 mini with PT8 LE last year. I had registered it online. Now I have performed a reformat on my PC. I have reinstalled PT and now I cannot register my product as it states it is already in use. I cannot find anywhere in my account details where my PT and MBOX 2 mini registration details are. Which leads to my second issue.

2. I have always been getting noise though my monitors. Its a high pitch squeal that amplifies hdd activity and mouse activity. I have tried everything except a new computer. I have used balanced and unbalanced leads. A monster USB cable. Isolated all interfaces connected to my pc. New monitors. Power cleaner on Power cable to pc. It just seems that as soon as the mbox is powered up the noise appears. I have tried to flash the firmware from 1.40 to 1.43 which fails. I wanted to log a support ticket but I think I need to have the product registered. Which I already did.

I have been putting up with this issue for quite a while now. But enough is enough and it renders this product useless.

Can anyone help me in what way I should tackle this problem?

Thankyou.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:46 AM

Default Re: MBOX 2 Mini Problems.

You only need to register the product one time. As long as you have the authorization code, you should be good to go(if you forgot to write the code down....in 9 places, you should be able to log onto your MyAvid account and navigate to your products codes and downloads).

As to the noise, first thing I would suggest is hitting the first page of the i7 threads to see if your motherboard is one of those that are known to have this issue. Or its possible you got a bad one(test on someone else's Mbox setup to see if the noise follows your Mbox). Does your USB cable have on of those ferrite barrels on it? One of those might be worth a try if you can find one

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-20-2011, 01:15 PM

Default Re: MBOX 2 Mini Problems.

OMG you sir are a champion. 12 months I have been putting up with this sound and trying different things. Ive googled for countless hours but never was brought to the i7 thread. I have a gigabyte ex58 ud3r board. CPE1 was the culprit. Im so happy right now. Thankyou heaps. I dont know where my authorization code is. I have sent in a ticket for registration with all my receipt details and my issue. Much help mate. Cheers and have a good day.