How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2012, 09:49 PM

Default Strike upgrade

Hello,

I've had problems with Strike for several months now: Like many others, I get the dreaded "content not found please run the set content location application". I'm running PT 9.0.6 with a Digi 002R.

At the suggestion of someone else on this forum, I tried removing Strike so that I could reinstall. I searched for everything that related to the plug-in, deleted it, emptied trash and re-started. But every time I tried to reinstall, I got an error message that a later version of the software was already installed on this machine. I don't know what it's still "finding".

I just tonight noticed a thread that was updated on March 12, with a link that *may* solve that problem, so I downloaded the update. But of course when I launch PT and try to add Strike, the system can't find it since I deleted the original application. And I can't put it back, because the computer thinks it's already there!

Here's my question (finally): If I spring for the $99 Strike upgrade, do you think it would fix all this, besides adding the new samples and grooves? If so, it would totally be worth it. My fear is that it'll think I'm not technically *upgrading*, since Strike is no longer installed.

Thank you in advance for any assistance. Would LOVE to finally use the program again!

--- Billy