Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2016, 11:49 AM

Default playback cuts out with plenty of CPU power left, have to change playback engine

Hey all, I've had a major headache of a problem with my somewhat larger PT sessions.

I just got new SSD Hard drives and my computer has been running excellent. However, my PT session will start to skip, then sound will simply just cut out completely - but the track is still playing. This happens on ANY Playback Engine setting. I get no error message at all, just the sound will stop and the only way to get it back is to swap the playback engine to a different sample value.

I've tried all combinations of the checks within the playback engine and the same issue happens regardless.

CPU, Disk, and Memory usage are all WELL below the max (CPU only at 10% when it will start happening, and I see no red spikes or anything show up).

Tried searching for this in the forums and online but didn't know what to "search" for since it's kind of an oddball error I'm getting. I literally never get error messages anymore, just this stupid sound skipping/cutting out, and even every once in awhile it will start playing in "slow motion" and sound like a monster. this again goes away after changing the playback engine sample size.

Thoughts??? I can send specs if someone tells me how to or what to send. Thanks for any help!!