Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2020, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Folder Feature Requests

Zoom toggle should automatically open a closed folder. What the hell is the point of looking at a blown up "overview"? Literally none, that's what. It drives me bananas to have to toggle in - toggle back - open folder - toggle in, just to see the appropriate tracks.

This would be the first thing I would change anyway if I was an AVID god.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:14 PM

If it hasn’t been said already, Avid should really expand the alt-key “do to all” contention to the shift-f open/close folder command. We should be able to open and close all folders with a single keystroke. This seems like an oversight.

i9 10900K, Asus Tuf Gaming Z490 Plus, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB, NVIDIA 1070ti

OS/apps, sessions, and samples all on separate drives.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Independent View of Folders in Mix and Edit Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejinbc View Post
I also really wish they had implemented automatic routing when you drag a track into a routing folder (expected this) - would be a great workflow for quick grouping functionality.
THIS!!!
Old 11-04-2020, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmixer View Post
delay compensation with plugins on routing tracks add plugins on the folder track with any plug cause all the tracks in folder to go out of sync
I had that issue until I rebooted Pro Tools There must have been something funky going on - I deleted the folder tracks called drums (same name as my group) called it something else rebooted and it fixed it.
I think this is a manifestation of the same bug I'm getting, but I'm getting it more often and it's much harder to fix. I started a Thread on it under "Pro Tools 2020".
Old 11-04-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewHarrison View Post

I also really wish they had implemented automatic routing when you drag a track into a routing folder (expected this) - would be a great workflow for quick grouping functionality.

THIS!!!

I'm not sure I'd want this without user's consent. I just moved up a bass track to line it up with the kick drum, but there's no way I wanted the bass to suddenly come out o the drum busses.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
I'm not sure I'd want this without user's consent. I just moved up a bass track to line it up with the kick drum, but there's no way I wanted the bass to suddenly come out o the drum busses.
Agreed. I can see a lot of situations where automatic routing would be undesirable, e.g. I often move my guide track into the dialog track folder for reconforms, and I wouldn't want to route the guide track to the dialog bus. I think it would be better to have the Move To New Folder shortcut (Cmd-Opt-Shift-N) actually be a Move To Folder shortcut with a dialog box that allows you to move to a new folder or an existing folder, with or without automatic routing (via checkbox). Or create a new shortcut (Cmd-Opt-Shift-F) that is Move To Existing Folder, also with or without automatic routing.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Someone suggested Cmd+Drag, but a warning or yes/now popup window would also work. Or maybe the option to decide in the preferences.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:17 PM

And really as someone mentioned, the behavior should obviously be (at least optionally) that muting a folder mutes the children tracks AND sends! what other possible reason would someone have to must a folder unless they didn't want to hear everything inside of it at all.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:14 AM

Quote:
suggestion:
- moving and draging tracks in the arangement is rather an for comparing files so no automatic routing is applied.

- using "right click track" and "move track into folder" is obviously for re-routing otherwise I could just drag and drop it. (maybe with a preference option that can be changed)
Old 11-19-2020, 01:48 PM

Has anybody checked to see if 2020.11 allows folders to be opened/closed during recording? I'm guessing not, but never hurts to ask. I am waiting to update until after I finish a few big projects.