Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-06-2002, 08:15 PM

Default assertion occured in "Sys_filetype.cpp" line 74

Hi there, I have run into a problem when trying to re-open some of my M-box sessions. When I try to open the session, a pop up menu asks where I would like to place the converted files. I don't know what the conversion would be because I had previously worked on these files in the same environment from an external firewire drive. When I tell Pro Tools to save the converted files in that particular session's folder, I get this message (An assertion ocurred in "Sys_FileType.cpp" , line 74) Anyone else have this problem or can anyone shed some light on this trouble? Thanks Robert Fugate
Old 05-06-2002, 10:02 PM

Default Re: assertion occured in "Sys_filetype.cpp" line 74

okay, I seemed to fix the problem. Judging by some of the answers to the other "Sys_File" problems I threw away the Preferences for Pro Tools and the DAE, along with the Digi-setup. I had been starting my sessions in LE with the M-box and then taking the firewire drive with that session data and hooking it in our TDM system on another computer. When you open a LE sourced session in the TDM environment it changes that preferences. OnceI went back to the M-Box the preferences were still set for the TDM world and confusing the LE system. So I quit ProTools, threw out the preferences that I mentioned above, and then restarted. To create a new set of preferences, I then created a new session from scratch, added a track, saved it, and closed it. Then went back to the session I was originally trying to bring back into LE from the TDM version and it worked fine. I don't know if I explained this clearly or not, but you basically need to reset the preferences for LE.