Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2016, 12:10 PM

Default bug report/feature request: banking vca spill members

latest S3 manual (91059) p.38:

'To bank to the next or previous bank of the currently spilled VCA members, press Bank > or < Bank.'

This is not working when you also have fixed tracks in the track layout.

Let's say you have fixed tracks on ch1-4. You can still spill memmbers to ch 5-12 (when using 13-16 for the VCA's), but you can't bank through them.
In order to do so, you must activate a layout without fixed tracks (which diactivates VCA spill mode), re-enter VCA spill mode and re-spill the members.

Therefore here's 2 things I think are missing:

1) allow banking thru members when there are fixed tracks in the curent track layout
2) VCA spill mode and selection should remain active when switching between track layouts
Old 06-03-2016, 10:47 AM
Avid

Default Re: bug report/feature request: banking vca spill members

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoerik View Post
latest S3 manual (91059) p.38:

'To bank to the next or previous bank of the currently spilled VCA members, press Bank > or < Bank.'

This is not working when you also have fixed tracks in the track layout.

Let's say you have fixed tracks on ch1-4. You can still spill memmbers to ch 5-12 (when using 13-16 for the VCA's), but you can't bank through them.
In order to do so, you must activate a layout without fixed tracks (which diactivates VCA spill mode), re-enter VCA spill mode and re-spill the members.

Therefore here's 2 things I think are missing:

1) allow banking thru members when there are fixed tracks in the curent track layout
2) VCA spill mode and selection should remain active when switching between track layouts
Will you please provide detailed reproducible steps? We also need OS, PT, Eucontrol version and if you have another surfaces attached. We tried this, but can't reproduce. Thanks,
Berkeley, CA
Old 06-10-2016, 02:04 AM

Hi Kyle,

2) was more of a feature request

I do have an update on 1):

The first 3 days after I installed Eucon 3.4 it wasn't working (like I described earlier). Then suddenly it started working (without changing session, restarting protools or doing anything special, except at some point before I disabled 'edit window follows bank selection in pt prefs. re-enabling it did not re-activate the glitch). I reported in a previous thread this was also randomly happening in Eucon 3.2 and it was confirmed by another user - will look for the link)

But right now something interesting is happening: it works correctly on one VCA/group but it does not work on another VCA/group within the same PT session. I've made screenshots of my group and VCA configs and a small video clip showing what's happening on the S3. Is there anyway I can send that to you as I can't post video here?

Unfortunately I still have no idea what triggers this, but at least I can show you exactly what's going on.

Windows 10, PT HD 12.5.0, S3 and Artist Transport Control.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf sandra - hardware.pdf (59.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf sandra - OS.pdf (58.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-10-2016, 03:01 PM
Avid

Quote:
Hi Kyle,

2) was more of a feature request

I do have an update on 1):

The first 3 days after I installed Eucon 3.4 it wasn't working (like I described earlier). Then suddenly it started working (without changing session, restarting protools or doing anything special, except at some point before I disabled 'edit window follows bank selection in pt prefs. re-enabling it did not re-activate the glitch). I reported in a previous thread this was also randomly happening in Eucon 3.2 and it was confirmed by another user - will look for the link)

But right now something interesting is happening: it works correctly on one VCA/group but it does not work on another VCA/group within the same PT session. I've made screenshots of my group and VCA configs and a small video clip showing what's happening on the S3. Is there anyway I can send that to you as I can't post video here?

Unfortunately I still have no idea what triggers this, but at least I can show you exactly what's going on.

Windows 10, PT HD 12.5.0, S3 and Artist Transport Control.
Yeah, I'd like to see the session (no audio) and a video, etc explaining the issue. You can post to Dropbox (or similar) then post link here.
Berkeley, CA
Old 06-11-2016, 01:47 AM

Hi Kyle,

I put everything over here:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s5ztknlnd...bIz-FOtoa?dl=0

As you can see in the first video clip: the efx members ae banking correctly when I have fixed channels on faders 1-4, but the amb members aren't. I added screenshots of my group and vca configs.
As you can see in the second video, the tracks 'amb st3' and 'amb st 4' that I cannot bank to in the first video clip do spill correctly when I use an empty layout.
If I add more tracks to the amb group, banking works correctly again, however, if I remove the extra tracks, it stops working again.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:45 PM
Avid

Quote:
Hi Kyle,

I put everything over here:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s5ztknlnd...bIz-FOtoa?dl=0

As you can see in the first video clip: the efx members ae banking correctly when I have fixed channels on faders 1-4, but the amb members aren't. I added screenshots of my group and vca configs.
As you can see in the second video, the tracks 'amb st3' and 'amb st 4' that I cannot bank to in the first video clip do spill correctly when I use an empty layout.
If I add more tracks to the amb group, banking works correctly again, however, if I remove the extra tracks, it stops working again.
Great catch and totally weird. I have reproduced this and logged a bug. We'll check it out. Thx!
Berkeley, CA