Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 AM

Unhappy No sound from OMNI ALT Monitor output!

All of a sudden my OMNI ALT Monitor output is dead. Actually, not completely dead; I hear a faint sound through my ALT monitors. The Monitor tab in Hardware Setup lists:

MAIN Stereo routed to Analog DB-25 outputs 1-2
ALT Stereo routed to Analog DB-25 outputs 7-8

To test physical connections & cables, I briefly set ALT to "none" in the Monitor tab in Hardware Setup, enabled outputs 7-8 in I/O Setup, and then routed a ProTools channel to outputs 7-8. Glorious sound came forth through my ALT speakers.

Re-setting ALT to outputs 7-8 again, and pressing ALT on OMNI: No sound.

I've searched this forum to no avail; am I missing something?
Old 11-16-2013, 02:32 PM

Default Re: No sound from OMNI ALT Monitor output!

Same issue here but with 5.1 outputs in a Monitor path. All outputs work fine when not a monitor path. Everything was working like it's supposed to and overnight stopped.

Did you resolve your problem?
Old 11-17-2013, 04:31 PM

I have my alt monitors setup
Hardware panel:
Main tab 7-8 output is none
Analog output tab is TRS Mirrors Analog 7-8 (set to +10 Speaker)
Monitor tab is set Main 5.1 Alt 7-8

TRS out the back of the omni to amp.alt mix speakers.

Solid here
Old 11-18-2013, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnkleMik View Post
All of a sudden my OMNI ALT Monitor output is dead. Actually, not completely dead; I hear a faint sound through my ALT monitors. The Monitor tab in Hardware Setup lists:

MAIN Stereo routed to Analog DB-25 outputs 1-2
ALT Stereo routed to Analog DB-25 outputs 7-8

To test physical connections & cables, I briefly set ALT to "none" in the Monitor tab in Hardware Setup, enabled outputs 7-8 in I/O Setup, and then routed a ProTools channel to outputs 7-8. Glorious sound came forth through my ALT speakers.

Re-setting ALT to outputs 7-8 again, and pressing ALT on OMNI: No sound.

I've searched this forum to no avail; am I missing something?
not 100 percent sure if im understanding the question but this is what i think...

I think this system was only designed for 2 sets of monitors and designated mains to work on output MON 1-2 and alt to work on any or all of the db25 channels... so if your trying to run your main AND your alt monitors from the DB25 it won't work due to the way they made the OMNI... because if they allowed that, you could theoretically run more than two sets of monitors... i'm not excatly sure if thats what your doing but that might be the answer... I have 2 sets of monitors working here i got my Main monitors going from Main out 1-2 on the back of the omni using trs to xlr cables and my alt on DB 25 channel 3/4 using a db25 snake to TRS works great... hope this helps
Old 11-18-2013, 11:01 AM

Moongun, did you try a reset to factory specs? Then set up your paths again.