Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2010, 01:48 AM

Lightbulb Consolidate Regions + Convert Sample Rate + Export

Hello,

I've recorded 4 songs of a rockband last weekend in PT 7.4 HD2 TDM (96kHz-24Bit). I have over 30 tracks (most of them are mono) for each song (all WAV files).

Someone else is asking if he can mix these songs on Cubase (he's using 48kHz-24 bit)

My question to you guys:
  1. How can I consolidate all tracks AT THE SAME TIME so that they have the same lenght (i.e. not consolidate 1 by 1)
  2. Convert all consolidated tracks from 96kHz to 48kHz AT THE SAME TIME
  3. Identify these consolidated/converted tracks and export (they should be 48kHz and should be all identical in file size)
I know how to consolidate track by track, bounce it and convert to 48kHz and export, but that would be a very time-consuming process.

What would be a nice trick to speed up this process?

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Consolidate Regions + Convert Sample Rate + Export

read the freeze tracks thing here:
http://www.songphonic.com/ProToolsTutorials

then do the export

cheers

Mike Aiton BSc (hons)
Audio Consultant, Dubbing Mixer/Sound Designer & Journalist

BAFTA member
IPS member

----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.mikerophonics.com
Old 10-13-2010, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundReplay View Post
Hello,

I've recorded 4 songs of a rockband last weekend in PT 7.4 HD2 TDM (96kHz-24Bit). I have over 30 tracks (most of them are mono) for each song (all WAV files).

Someone else is asking if he can mix these songs on Cubase (he's using 48kHz-24 bit)

My question to you guys:
  1. How can I consolidate all tracks AT THE SAME TIME so that they have the same lenght (i.e. not consolidate 1 by 1)
  2. Convert all consolidated tracks from 96kHz to 48kHz AT THE SAME TIME
  3. Identify these consolidated/converted tracks and export (they should be 48kHz and should be all identical in file size)
I know how to consolidate track by track, bounce it and convert to 48kHz and export, but that would be a very time-consuming process.

What would be a nice trick to speed up this process?

Thanks!
if you want to consolidate tracks WITHOUT plugins written to them, then:

make a selection of all the tracks and the range you want to consolidate (this way you´re able to consolidate more than one track at a time)

name the regions, select them all again and export them as new audio-files (shift+cmd+K) - in the export dialog choose the desired samplerate and bit-resoution

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 10-13-2010, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEROPHONICS View Post
read the freeze tracks thing here:
http://www.songphonic.com/ProToolsTutorials

then do the export

cheers
That is such a great tip from Osman! i have used it quite a lot for mastering and for VI's. and great video's showing how its done as well

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
That is such a great tip from Osman! i have used it quite a lot for mastering and for VI's. and great video's showing how its done as well
You can see in the video that the printed audio is shifted later in the track (easy to see where he toggles between playlists). Isn't this a problem?
Old 10-13-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post

Chris
Thank you Chris - in fact I should put an update as I started using pre-roll etc. which requires no user intervention for pressing the record button during printing.

It seems to work on all versions of PT 7.x and 8.x

Osman