Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2017, 04:44 AM

Default HOW TO STOP Protools changing audio interface automaticly when another is connected

GUYS Tittle says it all,
now Im working with dp majority of the time,
and using some Motu and Digitech stuff, problem is.
that when I connect another usb interface to the mac when I go and open protools it detects automatically the new interface and changes to it...
thing that I don't want to happen...

cant find anything in the manual, some help would be nice.
^^
Old 05-21-2017, 09:50 AM

Default Re: HOW TO STOP Protools changing audio interface automaticly when another is connect

Best solution is to leave everything connected and make sure the interfaces are powered ON before the computer finishes booting

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-21-2017, 10:15 AM

Default Re: HOW TO STOP Protools changing audio interface automaticly when another is connect

impossible... we are on the go and connecting and disconnecting everything like 30 times a day... I guess its time to learn to do with DP or Logic what I do faster with protools...

I don't get Why would you want Protools to change any basic settings by itself, there must be a reason I suppose, but I cant see it...

Thank you anyway
Old 05-22-2017, 09:57 AM

I too found this to be a problem, but not just with Pro Tools. I also use MOTU interfaces at home, and have an Eleven Rack. Every time I would wake the computer, the Eleven Rack would become the primary interface, something I did NOT want to have happen. I ended up just unplugging the Eleven Rack from USB and running it digitally into the SPDIF interface of my MOTU interface. Much simpler that way, but it does require me to make all my Eleven Rack adjustments from the front panel (I have it set to follow clock from the the MOTU Interface.)

Don't know if there is a way to order the different interfaces so it does not change.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:48 AM

I always press the N key during launching Pro Tools to get the Playback Engine window up on start.
MacBook Pro i7 Quad 2.6GHz 16GB RAM
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block