Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 12-15-2009, 11:54 AM

Default Re: If you could choose 3 ...

Quote:
Hitting the SAVE button once should save the session and the light should turn off.
I would actually argue against this! The double save press has saved me on 2 separate occasions. Both were accidental saves that would have been a major time suck to fix!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Quiet Art Ltd.

OK, then it could be an option at least.
I mean, when you hit save on any program -including PT- it does not ask you twice, why should the control surface slow this?
It's great seeing the red light reminding us to save, but I don't like it blinking at me.

WaveRider + Defaulter (now with LKFS)
QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 12-16-2009, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
This was one of the first things I noted as an oversight on the D-Control, it would be so easy and SO useful

My workaround in my post above is the ability to map shortcuts to soft keys, so you could have Shift-Command-C and Shift-Command-V put on soft keys!
I copy/paste plug-in settings with shift-command sel-button / shift command b.m.p-button but you probably already knew those shortcuts...
Old 12-16-2009, 05:50 AM

I use those shortcuts but finding the right channel strip (if you're not on a D-Control or you're not using focus channel option on a D-Command), making sure it's in top level inserts view then holding two modifier keys and hitting a button is no substitute for just having copy/paste buttons.

Pete
Old 12-16-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
I use those shortcuts but finding the right channel strip (if you're not on a D-Control or you're not using focus channel option on a D-Command), making sure it's in top level inserts view then holding two modifier keys and hitting a button is no substitute for just having copy/paste buttons.

Pete
Agreed

I too know these shortcuts, but still find them too convoluted when dropping in eq settings on the fly.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonx1 View Post
I have to second this idea! This would make me buy an icon!
Would love that option also!
Old 12-17-2009, 05:41 AM

ooh looks like there is growing support for
-focus fader follows edit selection/"virtual" VCA's

well at least 5 of us haha

8.0.4?

c'mon

do it

you know you want to

I'll even let you call it "Virtual VCA"

(for a small fee)

Old 12-21-2009, 10:12 AM

1- There should be a preference to "highlight" or "lighten" visually a solo'd playlist lane, so you can easily identify the active lane without having to look at the very small left side solo button. If you have 20 playlists and they are all small, it becomes difficult to figure out which lane is the solo'd lane.

2- You have a bunch of tracks solo'd on the D-Control. You use SOLO CLEAR to clear all solos. Could you devise a way to, say, double press SOLO CLEAR to regain the exact same last solo'd track combination?. In other words, a last-solo'd-memory using the solo clear button?

3- Perhaps a preference for all meters on the meter bridge to be extinguished except for the solo'd track - it is often difficult to tell which meter corresponds to which channel, seeing as the meter bridge is unlabeled.

4- Unfortunately, there is no led scribble strip display under the individual channel meters - that would have been great, as it is difficult to distinguish which meters correspond to which channel. One solution might be a metering option that would extinguish all channel meters other than the selected channel - at least you'd know what was going on with that selected channel.

5- Any chance of altering the memory list so that there is a pointer in real time to show you where you are in your session? Perhaps "highlighting" in the softkeys area?

6- Meter Selection Preference – solo with pre-fader enables a meter solo

7- Allow SET TO DEFAULT mode to un-assign sends in the same way it removes plug-in assignments.

8- Rearrange VCA Groups on D-Control Faders - Once VCA Groups are assigned, they cannot be re-ordered on the console – is there a way to achieve this?

9- Cue Sends Metered on Master Section Meterbridge

10- Banking memory: you've banked thru your bloated track count and you hit HOME, but you want to get back to your last banking position. Perhaps you double depress the HOME button when you have the faders where you like them - this would memorize the fader position. Perhaps double pressing HOME again selects between real home and a bank position memory.

11- Currently, you cannot scroll "backwards" thru groups when displaying groups in custom faders. You can shift select beyond your first set of groups, but the only way to get back currently is by spilling the groups on to rotary encoders and touching a SEL button to get to that set of groups. There should be a more elegant way to get back to groups a - l.

15- Peak/vu combo metering would be great.

16- Cue sends are not monitorable through main monitors - I understand why. At least could there be metering for cues. One solution might be having an option under the METER button for using the main meters as cue meters.

PLUS EVERYTHING CHRIS SAID :)
Old 12-21-2009, 12:02 PM

Some really GREAT ideas being put forth here!!!

I wonder if anyone is listening????

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:08 PM

Around we go again...

1. Copy/Paste P.I. settings from center Dyn/Eq sections.

2. Ability to instantiate Session "Save As..." from Soft Key section (Correct me if you can do this on later sw "updates")

3. Ability to leave console/session in "Read" mode while Focus Channel Stip is locked in a preferred Automation state (i.e Touch/Latch). Focusing a channel, pops it into the strips assigned automation mode.

Only 3? There's more but I'm staring down the barrel of another 18 hour day and those are the 3 that bug me today.

Cheers. TM

ps +1 for Focus Strip following track/channel selection on GUI... that'd be great!!!!!