Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2016, 07:52 PM

Default Re: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
great, thanks.

So with that question out the way.

Does Digitest pass for the whole setup?

What interfaces do you have connected to the HDX. What exact models are they? For HD and 192 style boxes what IO cards are installed in them (we can't trust profiles are up to date so just spell it out here). Is that two 16x16 analog and a sync. Get the sync out the picture to start with and only one 16x16 analog direct connected to *one* HDX card, with no chaining. Physically remove the other HDX card if you have a dual card system. Try swapping Digilink cables. Does that work? try different card/cable/interface box permutations of what you have until something works.

Does DigiTest pass for that one box OK or not?

Can you test your interface box(es) on another HDN or HDX system?

Has this HDX card(s) and/or the interface boxes ever worked for you? In any computer system?

What GPU is installed in the Mac Pro? Does the power supply wiring to the HDX card look correct/per the documentation? Any other PCIe cards installed?
Here is how this goes,before I installed pro tools 11.3.1 I was using pro tools 10, I uninstalled 11 and went back to 10.10, every thing works, does that answer your questions?
blue ray player
HDX 1, 2 16X16 interfaces
sync I/O.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:05 PM

I would call Avid support and have them walk though this with you. Including diags on the board and firmware update requirements for what you are doing vs. what is actually installed on the boards (did the firmware updates in Pro Tools 11 install OK on those boards etc.). Digitest will show you the firmware revs. but time to get help from Avid.

If you do go back to Pro Tools 11 and it does not work I would still try exactly what I said which is to get a minimum hardware system up and running. The whole thing working OK under Pro Tools 10 does not prove it is all OK/guaranteed to work under Pro Tools 11.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:24 AM

Quote:
I would call Avid support and have them walk though this with you. Including diags on the board and firmware update requirements for what you are doing vs. what is actually installed on the boards (did the firmware updates in Pro Tools 11 install OK on those boards etc.). Digitest will show you the firmware revs. but time to get help from Avid.

If you do go back to Pro Tools 11 and it does not work I would still try exactly what I said which is to get a minimum hardware system up and running. The whole thing working OK under Pro Tools 10 does not prove it is all OK/guaranteed to work under Pro Tools 11.
Could there be a firmware upgrade necessary on the HDX card(s)?

QAPLA!
Old 02-18-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Could there be a firmware upgrade necessary on the HDX card(s)?
Ok, I am oping out of this, since as it's going no where, Thanks
blue ray player
sync I/O.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2224 View Post
Ok, I am oping out of this, since as it's going no where, Thanks
We're only trying to help. Sorry if we're not worthy.

QAPLA!
Old 02-20-2016, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
We're only trying to help. Sorry if we're not worthy.
Sorry your feelings are hurt but asking the same question again and again with no end in sight is not helping me, thanks for your help just the same.
blue ray player
sync I/O.
Old 02-20-2016, 06:08 AM

Quote:

I called Avid as you recommended Darryl and the issue has been resolved, thanks.
blue ray player
sync I/O.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Sorry your feelings are hurt but asking the same question again and again with no end in sight is not helping me, thanks for your help just the same.
We only asked for the info again and again because you failed to answer the exact questions you were asked.

QAPLA!
Old 02-20-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I called Avid as you recommended Darryl and the issue has been resolved, thanks.
Great. Can you say how it was resolved? That will help others that might have the same problem.

I think there was a forced HDX firmware upgrade in 11.3. And without knowing what it was really about I don't know if it would for example break Pro Tools 11.3 or later if for any reason the firmware update did not take (e.g. not install on one or both of your HDX boards OK). Firmware updates like that where we really don't know what/why they are being applied, how critical they are, how to back them out etc. are reasons I wanted you to call Avid. Or course HDX firmware might have nothing to do with it....