Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2015, 06:35 PM

Default Reverberate 2 is out

£80/$122 new (£25/$53 to upgrade from Reverberate v1)
32/64-bit VST, AU and AAX on Mac and PC
Impulses can be WAV, WIR, SDIR, AIFF, or FLAC

http://www.liquidsonics.com/software_reverberate.htm

Has new "fusion" convolution, where true stereo impulse responses are taken at multiple points in time, and can be convolved with adjustable oscillation. I highly HIGHLY recommend this plug-in. Inexpensive, very powerful, built-in EQ+modulation+chorus, parallel convolution, zero latency, extensive controls. And, unlike the last release, they have created proper TFX presets for Pro Tools, so you don't have to rely on preset banks for the factory content.

Comes with two factory fusion impulse response libraries; one is a "factory" set, one is from the Bricasti M7. Also comes with the original Reverberate factory library. Of course it's still compatible with all your WAV impulse responses. And after testing it, it does retain your Reberverate v1 preferences and is fully compatible with Reverberate v1 banks and settings.

After a few happy evenings of playing with the new features, I am really impressed with the new "fusion" thing. I just don't know how many future libraries will take advantage of this, and I can't find any instructions on how to capture and package your own.

P.S. I never did get around to packaging all my custom Reverberate presets, because there's a couple thousand of them... But here's the small collection of Lex 480L ones: https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...WxxR1ZpNDRCZDg
Old 11-12-2015, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Reverberate 2 is out

Two questions:
Does the new version overwrite the old one?
On the download - did you do a separate download for the update and then another for the ir's? It's a little confusing what one has to download if one wants the update AND the ir's.

QAPLA!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:04 AM

After install I had version 1 RTAS left over and only version 2 as AAX. DON't know what happens in 11 and 12. As for the download, yes, there are separate downloads. One for the app and two for new IR's. It's really all worth it though. Unfortunately though, the new version still exhibits the same "Reverberate doesn't have enough memory to install IR's" random error message that it thru in version 1 as well. Hopefully this doesn't happen in 11 or 12 as they are 64 bit.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
Hopefully this doesn't happen in 11 or 12 as they are 64 bit.
I don't think it does happen in 11 or 12, since I've never seen that message before in either version of Reverberate.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
After install I had version 1 RTAS left over and only version 2 as AAX. DON't know what happens in 11 and 12. As for the download, yes, there are separate downloads. One for the app and two for new IR's. It's really all worth it though. Unfortunately though, the new version still exhibits the same "Reverberate doesn't have enough memory to install IR's" random error message that it thru in version 1 as well. Hopefully this doesn't happen in 11 or 12 as they are 64 bit.
The new Fusion IR's use more memory than the previous, so if you are using them, I would think that would be more problematic. I have never seen that error though, but I believe I first started using it in PT 11.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 11-12-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Two questions:
Does the new version overwrite the old one?
On the download - did you do a separate download for the update and then another for the ir's? It's a little confusing what one has to download if one wants the update AND the ir's.
The Fusion IR's are a separate downloader from the normal IR's and program installer. If you are just updating to 2 from say 1.914, you do not need to download all the regular IR content as they are the same.

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 11-12-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post

After a few happy evenings of playing with the new features, I am really impressed with the new "fusion" thing. I just don't know how many future libraries will take advantage of this, and I can't find any instructions on how to capture and package your own.
Creating the new Fusion IR's is different than how we always have done them in the past. Right now Matt is the lone key holder to the process!! I can say that I know there are soon to be some more libraries starting. I will keep you all updated as it progresses.

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 11-12-2015, 04:09 PM

Has anyone figured out an easy way to change between different sample rates? There are 44.1 kHz and 96 kHz versions of all the factory IRs, but only a single group of presets. I'd like a way to tell Reverberate which one to load, on an ad-hoc basis... Without manually loading the IR every time.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:18 PM

I'm not 100% sure but I could swear that I read that Reverberate uses the IR's that match the session rate.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:21 PM

That's not the case. It uses whichever IR file is referenced by the preset, or located in the recursive search path.